Lost my drone you gotta see what happens

Dangerous rotating blades that make lacerations..
Substantial weight that can cause serious injury....
Just what the media want's to exploit....

Gee that sounds fun!

what the hec are you talking about.
do you know what a p1 is ?
without the P1 (phantom 1 ) you would not even be here .....
yea they are and were fun ..
invented about 2011 by dji and started all this stuff for the most part...

quads existed before the P3 and P4

does yo r p3 or p4 have blades that can cause lacerations????

It sounds like the drone doesn't land and shut off motors when battery gets low like the P3 and above does. Much like the Syma, it kept on trying to go but not enough power for any lift.

Taking off between two houses, Telephone cables, Private property, Main road, 2.4Ghs phone mast.
When did you NOT expect it to go tits up?
Hope you have Liability insurance. (FPVUK £15 p/a 5 million cover) especially useful when you cause a pile up while flying over main roads.

The insurance wouldn't cover him, you have to be flying following CAA guidelines / regulations for it to be effective.

Reactions: Biggle
FC40 was my first. Is what got me started.
P2V+ was top of the line then.
We've came a long way in really a short time. Just imagine
3 years from now. .
Sorry for going ot.

absolutely agree
the fast pace of change from our P1 and p2's to todays machines.
amazing and have been enjoying every bit of it!

Reactions: dirkclod
This everything you shouldn't do - all rolled into one. Always preflight check everything. The battery would have failed at this. Second, if you launch into a pre flight hover and check all controls, you would've noticed how unstable it was. This would have grounded most pilots, too. That had to be the worst location to launch I could imagine. The concrete is known to cause interference and the walls on both sides are too close, for me. The wire directly over the launch point would have also scrubbed the location, for me. I like room for error. Beyond all that, you should have landed at the first sign of trouble. The aircraft was keeling like a boat on the ocean, the whole time. You have to think about safety, when operating. This thing would seriously injure or kill somebody if it fell on them. What's even worse is that you never even stopped the motors, until your own safety was a concern. The blades could be heard scraping the pavement the whole time, possibly damaging the motors. When the guy tries to pick it up, you throttled up! Those blades can do considerable damage to a persons hand. You could have been on the hook for medical expenses, too. In the end, you didn't hurt anyone and probably totaled your aircraft. It may not have been a big deal this time, but please consider others before flying again.

Totally agreed! ;-)

...It didn't help your viewers become sympathetic to your plight when you tossed it over the wall....

Its the guys at the yard tossing it, not the pilot. Considering he probably didn't understand how the things work, and it was looking like a hazard to their work, I might have done the same ;-)

Don't quite understand why the pilot didn't switch of the power, after it landed. Its like 50m from his home, so easy to walk over, explain and pick it up!?

Learn the rules, learn how to fly or just don't bother at all.

Many of us law-abiding operators are fed up of having to justify to others what we are doing and the low risks involved.

You are demonstrating the complete opposite.

Reactions: pomonabill220
What amazes me about this vid is that there doesn't seem to any restriction in the UK about flying in densley populated areas. In New Zealand it is totally illegal to overfly houses without the permission of the owners. This rules out flights like the one here but I'm beginning to see why the rule has its merits! The builder's yard might just as easily have been a children's play ground!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20