Lost my drone you gotta see what happens

Man its hard to believe that this was a DJI Phantom you were flying without ever seeing the drone. What happened to your gimbal and your motors sounded sick. I don't mean to sound judgmental but this drone should have never been in the air. It didn't help your viewers become sympathetic to your plight when you tossed it over the wall.
I've been in the drone game for about four years now and I've owned Phantoms (4), Inspire's (2) and a Mavic. None have sounded or acted what i've seen in your video.

Last edited:
Sigh.......Have we all forgotten the FC days when there were no Phantoms? Or IPads or iPhones? Zero autonomy with the craft and if you flew beyond LOS, you better start looking. I've got one in the closet that flew and sounded very similar. GoPro mount was like 20 bucks.....LOL

Sigh.......Have we all forgotten the FC days when there were no Phantoms? Or IPads or iPhones? Zero autonomy with the craft and if you flew beyond LOS, you better start looking. I've got one in the closet that flew and sounded very similar. GoPro mount was like 20 bucks.....LOL
FC40 was my first. Is what got me started.
P2V+ was top of the line then.
We've came a long way in really a short time. Just imagine
3 years from now. .
Sorry for going ot.

So, by watching your video, at 2 oclock you had a large open field for flying, but you decided to take off with a low battery, between two buildings with telephone pole wires in front of your flight path... looked like a doomed plan from the beginning.

Reactions: kailey714
i did'nt know people still did angeldust????wtf was that? o well we must be different, all of us

First comment ... you never know when you first take off if all your processors are properly calibrated ... e.g. IMU or compass. Had any processor had a calibration problem, you would have had erratic flight immediately after launch. So ... go out into the middle of an open area (e.g. field) to launch. Then after launch, let the drone hoover at about 8' (higher then your head) for about 30 seconds and observe it's ability to be stationary. ONLY if it exhibits proper flight characteristics, would I recommend that do you continue with your mission.

After it landed on the rocks (hmm maybe this guy could invent a new drink...), was that drone actually scampering across the ground before it tipped over?

This makes more sense now that you have identified the drone with its Go-Pro camera and apparently no gimbal. Time has changed a lot of things in the Drone world.

Taking off between two houses, Telephone cables, Private property, Main road, 2.4Ghs phone mast.
When did you NOT expect it to go tits up?
Hope you have Liability insurance. (FPVUK £15 p/a 5 million cover) especially useful when you cause a pile up while flying over main roads.

Posts 54 - 56 - I couldnt agree more. Dangerous flying to say the least.

Maybe the expense of the required repairs will teach Mr X Box to read the CAA rules and click on the common sense area of his brain. Why did you not cut the motors when you first touched down?

You have a lot of homework to do before you even fire up the UAV.

phantom 1 's rock

light , fast, CHEAP battery's
Full MANUAL
fly like sports cars...
Dangerous rotating blades that make lacerations..
Substantial weight that can cause serious injury....
Just what the media want's to exploit....

Gee that sounds fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20