Lost it

Reaction score
Hi my name is Patrick I was flying my DJI 1 Phantom on Sunday I was flying it pretty far lost it in the sun I shut the controller off and went looking for it with the controller with me I was just wondering will it come back and follow the remote control or will it come back to land. Or is there a way to track it where it went any information would be appreciated thanks

Distance depends on a few things. How long had it been airborne before you lost it in the sun? Was it flying in windy conditions? How good was the battery pack? All these factors are important but also did you calibrate the compass before you flew? If you did then RTH should have at least made the Phantom START to fly back to it's take-off point. How far it got depends on the questions I've just asked. If you didn't calibrate the compass then the Phantom could have flown off in any direction.

If it wasn't set up properly how far do you think it would fly
Not sure what you mean about set up properly. When you power up, be sure home point is recorded. You should also have IOC selected in the assistant software. When you lost sight, you then could have flipped the left toggle switch to bottom position. ...home lock...then pull back on right stick and bird will fly back to takeoff point no matter which way the Phantom was facing rather than turning off controller. That's a last ditch effort . How far will it fly away? Depends on remaining charge of battery, wind speed and direction. I will say this, they always have enough power to reach the crash site. The Phantom doesn't follow the transmitter. ..especially if it's turned off. There's no way to track where it ended up at unless you had a gps tracker on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj