Lost in lake!

Finale update. As I said before the Phantom flew fairly well after the lake incident but got increasingly worse. Turning by itself, not maintaining height, drifting around.

I suspected the NAZA module thinking water got in it and I didn't open it up to dry it out like the rest of the bird. I bought another Phantom and put this one on the back burner.

Today, I installed a new NAZA module. I had replaced all four motors last month. Everything else is unchanged. Flew perfectly! Apparently the NAZA was affected by the water, even though it didn't show up initially. So I now have a backup Phantom. Yeah!

Geo

As an old retired Army Helicopter Senior Crew I can tell you I almost never applied forward cyclic without increasing pitch, a good way to get in trouble..... as you found out.

note - And before someone chimes in that enlisted crew never flew copters yes we did, I had a taxi and run-up cert as an E-6, before some desk jockey realized he had enlisted crew infringing on 'Officer Only' duties and pulled them, but not before I got over 200 hours :D of stick time.

Geoelectro said:
Finale update. As I said before the Phantom flew fairly well after the lake incident but got increasingly worse. Turning by itself, not maintaining height, drifting around.

I suspected the NAZA module thinking water got in it and I didn't open it up to dry it out like the rest of the bird. I bought another Phantom and put this one on the back burner.

Today, I installed a new NAZA module. I had replaced all four motors last month. Everything else is unchanged. Flew perfectly! Apparently the NAZA was affected by the water, even though it didn't show up initially. So I now have a backup Phantom. Yeah!

Geo

And what do you bought? A P2V or a plus? :|

I found out about it not holding the hight when in atti mode real quick as I almost flew I to a tree

Now I give a slight bit of throttle when I go forward in atti mode

I also am curious which spare bird you got

Both are P2V. I replaced the FC200 camera that was lost in the crash on the first one, then added the Rotorpixel gimbal.

When it started flying badly, I bought a P2V "craft only". Then, moved the camera/gimbal over to that new one. Eventually, I ordered new motors for the old one because after a third inspection I started seeing some light oxidation in them. Then, the new NAZA. So as you might expect, with two good flying birds, I'm thinking about acquiring a second camera/gimbal and having two complete crafts.
(Does this ever stop?)

Geo

ProfessorStein said:
Geoelectro said:
(Does this ever stop?)

No. ;-) it's a sickness and an addiction.

+1 I bought a second quad copter not long after I got my p2v(custom built with a naza fc)

I will likely be using my phantom for trips as its smaller then the other quad

Still love the phantom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31