Lost GPS with 11 satellites

Reaction score
I was flying my phantom 3 standard above a church about 45 meters up when I looked away from the screen for a second to just let the drone hover. When I looked back I saw my phantom was drifting and it said weak GPS signal. I'm new to drones (only had mine since Christmas) so I don't know if this is normal as I usually average at about 11 satellites. It has had a crash before (friend crashed into tree like 3 weeks back but seems undamaged, looks fine and has ran fine).

It sounds like it auto switched to ATTI mode. In ATTI mode, your Phantom will drift with the wind. If you want to verify, you can upload your TXT flight log here.

What had happened to me is, it indicated a compass error then switched from P-GPS to ATTI mode. Hence the questions:
1. Did it register a compass error?
2. Did you lose line of sight ?
3. Did you update to the latest firmware?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What had happened to me is, it indicated a compass error then switched from P-GPS to ATTI mode. Hence the questions:
1. Did it register a compass error?
2. Did you lose line of sight ?
3. Did you update to the latest firmware?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
1. I don't think so but it was saying strong interference detected when I got above the church (where it happened)
2. It was in line of sight,b but when I took it almost out of sight a few minutes earlier it worked fine
3. I will have to check I may not have.

1. I don't think so but it was saying strong interference detected when I got above the church (where it happened)
2. It was in line of sight,b but when I took it almost out of sight a few minutes earlier it worked fine
3. I will have to check I may not have.

3. Please do NOT update the firmware yet. Despite what DJI is saying, it appears we're having many 'random' issues of the sort (compass/GPS errors) after a firmware update. There is a whole thread (link below) about this very topic and some users are even trying to 'down'-grade their firmwares.

People that want to downgrade their FW on their phantom 3's

3. Please do NOT update the firmware yet. Despite what DJI is saying, it appears we're having many 'random' issues of the sort (compass/GPS errors) after a firmware update. There is a whole thread (link below) about this very topic and some users are even trying to 'down'-grade their firmwares.

People that want to downgrade their FW on their phantom 3's
How do I know if I'm on the latest firmware?

The thread I posted above has all the info. What I was saying is, get your bird to work correctly first, and then later on you may want to update. The issue with the latest firmware is that it's 'flaky' and apparently creates many issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj