Lost F****** signal AGAIN.....

Depends how much you've had to drink lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure I understand your comment DB? This is where I obtained the info I use for flying............

As taken from Wiki-DJI

P3A/P---Position Remote Controller antennas properly: parallel and pointing upward. Make sure the flat sides are facing the Aircraft at all times; keep changing your body position and antennas tilt, if necessary, to keep wide flat sides of antennas pointed at Aircraft. This is more important the further the Aircraft is from the RC. Need to know: NEVER point tips of antennas directly at the P3 (like a gun barrel) - this is the lowest signal level situation.

Phantom 3 Advanced remote controller - The video downlink and aircraft remote control system operate at 2.4 GHz.

dji-transmission-range-jpg.18160

P3S with single antennae.....The Phantom 3 Standard remote controller features a 2.4 GHz WiFi Video Downlink, 5.8 GHz aircraft transmission system (Wiki-DJI)

Yeah thats right for the p3p/A and other 2.4 antennas!
I though this was a p3S post/question in which the antenna "tip" needs to be pointed at the aircraft as all 5.8 controllers do!
Sorry if I was confused

Hi Brian1888,

From the Phantom 3 Standard User Manual (page 23):

"Optimal Transmission Range:
To achieve optimal transmission, point the top of the Remote Controller at the aircraft, and adjust the antenna so that it is parallel to the aircraft's legs (or simply tilt it at a 45 degree angle)."

Pointing the top of the controller at the aircraft will point the internal antennas toward the aircraft. Assuming the the aircraft is in the air in front of you, the 45 degree tilt up position of the external antenna will make the external antenna roughly parallel to the legs on the aircraft.

If you send the aircraft straight up from you, simply continue to point the top of the Remote Controller toward the aircraft in order to maintain connection with the aircraft.

smp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers