Lost drone :-(

It's a freshwater lake. I may give this a go. Thanks. Anyone know how accurate the last known co-ordinates are? If they are as accurate as the home position etc. I'd be hopeful it could be found. I'm assuming it did actually continue to land in that spot.

yes you can recover most if not all if power was out prior to water.
blow dry as much as possible , place in rice for days check it over and test. battery may be gone though!

consider a p3a if you like long distance, can be bought used/like new for 600 at B&H

good luck and have fun flying!

Lake Search, take a light that can be underwater, like for pools and spas. Use a GPS to log your search area. Actually if your depth is around 4', you could mount some kind of sealed beam light on a piece of PVC pipe and you could rotate while your looking.
or
You could add a glass bottom boat to your fleet, I light would help ether way.
;)

Unfortunately I couldn't find it. 4 feet of water in that spot and is is dark brown, low visibility so I couldn't see it. Tried netting for it but it is the proverbial needle in a haystack. It was a long shot but I tried.
Sux, man. Truly my heart is crunched for you. My bird has hit trees, wires, houses. I'm on my 4th set of blades. I'm through all that now and flying pretty steady also breaking some DJI rules .. I live and fly in the mountains. Mineral contents of rock can take out my compass and I have to watch where I'm at in relationship to peaks and pay attention to my GPS signal strength and loss warnings.

Sux, man. Truly my heart is crunched for you. My bird has hit trees, wires, houses. I'm on my 4th set of blades. I'm through all that now and flying pretty steady also breaking some DJI rules .. I live and fly in the mountains. Mineral contents of rock can take out my compass and I have to watch where I'm at in relationship to peaks and pay attention to my GPS signal strength and loss warnings.
So you're camera and bird are OK after hitting those things?

Reactions: richardtomcat
So you're camera and bird are OK after hitting those things?
Yep. Let's see .. tipped it on it's side a few times trying to land on a breezy day. Learned how to air catch it. I was a tool and die maker and the P3 cases are beefy. The motors are well made .. nice gauge copper. Well done castings for the gimbal and camera. I think they're pretty tough birds and has handled my learning curve quite well.

Curious at 315 ft away it said "warning interference" and you lost connection at 3200+ feet? What part of warning didn't you get?

Curious at 315 ft away it said "warning interference" and you lost connection at 3200+ feet? What part of warning didn't you get?

Thanks for pointing that out, I must have missed that. I'll be sure to pay more attention to those warnings in future. Is that why RTH failed and the drone auto landed?

So I just lost my drone. Looks like it auto landed in the middle of the lake after losing video and control. I definitely did not tell it to land. Home was set correctly as it had already partially come home once. Obviously this one is a lost cause but as a learning experience, can anyone suggest what went wrong? Would the interference warnings cause it to auto land when I lost contact? I would not have thought so. Feeling pretty sad right now. :-( Opportunity to get an advanced though :)

View attachment 43689
Splurge and get a P3P, they're on sale from DJI now for $999.

So just lost my drone went for a quick flight to get some pictures of the sunset did all the right things check batt get gps signal calibrate compass .took off just fine let it hover for a few seconds took it out over cow pasture about the hundred foot off the ground and it took off and I never seen it since I lost signal it said it would return to home I was watching the head of signal on the watching the distance got to 4000 feet away from me said it was going to return to home and it started to come back to about 2000 feet and then I never seen it I checked last location drove over there nothing around the GPS is all wrong from where I was standing it was getting a wrong reading

Two questions....
1. Did you calibrate the compass..??
2. Have you seen these for flying over water especially a lake...

If you upload your flight records to Healthy Drones somebody might help you figure it out.

Last edited:
So just lost my drone went for a quick flight to get some pictures of the sunset did all the right things check batt get gps signal calibrate compass .took off just fine let it hover for a few seconds took it out over cow pasture about the hundred foot off the ground and it took off and I never seen it since I lost signal it said it would return to home I was watching the head of signal on the watching the distance got to 4000 feet away from me said it was going to return to home and it started to come back to about 2000 feet and then I never seen it I checked last location drove over there nothing around the GPS is all wrong from where I was standing it was getting a wrong reading
You left something out. Home point. Did you confirm that you craft recorded your correct home point? That's very important.

Sorry for your loss.

I am sorry for the loss of your bird. I am so afraid to fly over water as this point. When it warms up this summer I will.

I also will use litchi so if i loose connection with it I will have a chance to get it by knowing where the final way-point will be. Good luck finding it.

Mine did something similar last week. I was flying fine I decided to gain altitude to 100 feet to fly over some tree's and fly it back around in a 80 meter circle basically.

I had good video signal but as soon as it flew over the tree's 80 meters away I lost video and saw a warning *lost signal* it then returned to home as soon as it got above me I gained signal and full control again.

Now and then I also saw the warning message *strong interference caution when flying long distance*

It was pretty scary and was only my 4th flight in.

No idea why this happened, range is pretty poor when you are standing flying in area's around or above tree's.

So be very careful... it's easy to lose signal near tree's - at least for me.

I lost my p3s 2 17 16 was flying it about 70ft high lost signal @2949 ft rth was initiated started watching the range meter it was not getting closer it was going away from me i cancelled rth and tried to bring it home i could not see it im looking in the sky where it was last visible .on and off connection with video .for some reason when i lost signal it climed to 357ft and was over me then i did rth again,meanwhile im looking where it was at.feel sick to my stomach now that know it was above me and so close to me but the reading on my phone dji go app was totally different from what was actually going on. So now im droneless and out 600 bucks.got dji involved so we'll see what happens.

I lost my p3s 2 17 16 was flying it about 70ft high lost signal @2949 ft rth was initiated started watching the range meter it was not getting closer it was going away from me i cancelled rth and tried to bring it home i could not see it im looking in the sky where it was last visible .on and off connection with video .for some reason when i lost signal it climed to 357ft and was over me then i did rth again,meanwhile im looking where it was at.feel sick to my stomach now that know it was above me and so close to me but the reading on my phone dji go app was totally different from what was actually going on. So now im droneless and out 600 bucks.got dji involved so we'll see what happens.
More details, but we need The Facts (Data) to help you find it. Even if its broke it makes you feel better. Upload your flight, it still should be on your mobile device. If your stuck on how to, send me a PM with what you were using for your mobile device, will get it done!

Mine did something similar last week. I was flying fine I decided to gain altitude to 100 feet to fly over some tree's and fly it back around in a 80 meter circle basically.

I had good video signal but as soon as it flew over the tree's 80 meters away I lost video and saw a warning *lost signal* it then returned to home as soon as it got above me I gained signal and full control again.

Now and then I also saw the warning message *strong interference caution when flying long distance*

It was pretty scary and was only my 4th flight in.

No idea why this happened, range is pretty poor when you are standing flying in area's around or above tree's.

So be very careful... it's easy to lose signal near tree's - at least for me.
Could you still see your Phantom as the say Line Of Sight?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik