Lost Drone on Treasure Island, CA

M3t

Reaction score
The post says it all...

Lost RC signal when flying near treasure island getting some shots of the bridge. Might have crashed during RTH somewhere in the trees or landed later...

I was at a height of about 200 ft and failsafe was set to 35 m...please let me know if you have any info... :(

I'm sorry for your loss - let’s hope that it's in one piece waiting for you to find it

For RTH I've set mine to 120m, so that no obstruction will be a problem. I'm a beginner, so have only tested RTH, with no problems when set to 120m.

Do you have a healthy drone log to look at?

Your log on your phone/tablet will show last known location reported.

That's a bummer. I almost went out there to fly last summer but.. half the island seems closed off to government land. My understanding is there is a former naval base at the top. Awesome place tho! Prime for flying in that area

The post says it all...

Lost RC signal when flying near treasure island getting some shots of the bridge. Might have crashed during RTH somewhere in the trees or landed later...

I was at a height of about 200 ft and failsafe was set to 35 m...please let me know if you have any info... :(

****, I now how you must be feeling. One of the first things I do with new drone ore new firmware is setting the RTH higher. I do not understand why the RTH is so low right out of the factory.

Connect your ipad ore android device to your computer. Upload your flightlog to healthydrones.com. If you are Lucky you will see what happend and where your drone crashed. Ore landed. On the site you will find out how to upload your flightlog.

Succes, hope you find it.

Yeah, I've looked at the log and I lost signal over the water, but from the flight path i expect it would have to take to me it should have either hit the trees or landed way later. I waited around quite a while and I didnt see it, nor did others. I'm going to try to find it again today. It happened at night so it was hopeless at the moment...from my understanding if it was at 200 ft which is well over 35m it should have RTH at that atltitude, correct?

I set the RTH as stock and didn't thnk about it since I was flying over water mainly, and i didnt want to drain the juice too much but in hindsight i definitely shold have set it at 120m..I'll upload to log to see what i can find. would anyone be able to do a recon for me using their drone? I had no trouble from police there or anything but if possible I'll compensate you for your services.

if it was at 200 ft which is well over 35m it should have RTH at that atltitude, correct?
That's correct.

I appreciate the comments, guys. I went there again to look and hiked and climbed and checked all around...to no avail...I tried to obtain a signal again when it may have been in flight with no luck..

It sucks that you can't locate it via GPS when these kinds of things happen...

I do have a healthy drone log to look at, but it says the last known location was over the water where it should have went into failsafe mode...and if it did, it probably crashed into some trees on the way back. I couldn't get it back in control. But anyways, if anyone knows another way I could try to track it further, let me know.

I appreciate the comments, guys. I went there again to look and hiked and climbed and checked all around...to no avail...I tried to obtain a signal again when it may have been in flight with no luck..

I do have a healthy drone log to look at, but it says the last known location was over the water where it should have went into failsafe mode...and if it did, it probably crashed into some trees on the way back. I couldn't get it back in control. But anyways, if anyone knows another way I could try to track it further, let me know.
You haven't given any info so no-one can help much.
Post a link to the Healthydrones analysis and let a few others see what they can find.

The flight logs stored on your mobile device will contain the last recorded GPS coordinates. The problem is that your Phantom could have flown far beyond that location after the remote controller disconnected from your Phantom. To track it beyond the range of the remote controller, you'd need to have a GPS tracker on board.

I flew on treasure island on October 28, 2017 on Mavic, this is a cool drone with a config 23 force, on which I flew calmly for 7 km, but on treasure islandI completely disconnected the console at 150 meters. Keep in mind there are jammers, or the channel 2.3Ggz is blocked. Be careful of the place of the wilderness for the drone, like the island prison nearby.
Also, after the flight, as I packed the drone into the bag, a black express drone flew in, took off the place where I flew on the drone and flew very quickly. There barely moved against a strong wind, this drone flew very fast, perhaps 60 km / h. Maybe there are police drones on the island.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl