Lost downlink data connection

LB3

Reaction score
Howdy group. I am reaching out for some analysis of a flight where I encountered some issues with the data downlink connection kept alternating on/off. The weather was not ideal as you can see in the Healthy Drones data with strong winds and cold temps. The first part of the flight went smooth with the last leg failing. No loss in control of the Phantom however the bird would pitch with each loss of connection. Anyway...looking forward to some knowledgeable data analysis.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

P.S. Rookie pilot and new to the forum.
LB3

LB3,

Do you have any carbon fiber added to your Phantom? Like maybe a camera/gimbal connector? I had one, uninstalled it, and my signal scores went way up (though they are still not great).

Were you able to figure out what went wrong with your signal strength?

--

Bill

I see the wind was at 25 MPH. Ouch. You said cold temperatures. Not sure what that means. What was the temperature and was there visual moisture–fog or snow or rain?

S

Still have not found the issue and thanks to you guys interested. The Phantom is new with no added components so that isn't the issue. Also the temps were hovering around 30 deg F and no snow falling or air moisture. There was snow on ground. It could be the remote antenna orientation. Being a rookie I was pointing the rods at the bird and should have been perpendicular as the directions indicate. Have not been able to fly again since the Holiday break. I will post again when I get a flight in.

I had the same issue today. About 15-20 download data connection losses. And yes, I did just install a carbon fiber gimbal guard! Would that cause the problem?

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same issue today. About 15-20 download data connection losses. And yes, I did just install a carbon fiber gimbal guard! Would that cause the problem?

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think it has more to do with antenna orientation.

But do two flights...try to get to the exact distance...keep the antennas oriented the same way...try one flight with the guard, and one without.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.