Lost control at 360 fit

Are you directly below? The weakest point of your Phantom antenna (dipole) is off the end which would be straight down.

It is hard to get high elevation with it straight above you. I have lost connectivity with stock antennas at 400' many times

Read this ! LINK

lakislambrianides said:
Yes I was exacly directly below. ..thats was why I lost signal? ? And how many fit can I fly? More tha 400??

Well in your case once you get the Phantom out in front of you then you will be seeing more of the side of antenna which is stonger.

You also need to make sure your TX controller antenna is pointing correctly.

I tend to fly with mine right above me too. sometimes I forget to redirect my antenna. And, sometimes I think my big fat head might be interfering with transmission. Since my eyes are glued to the iPhone, I need to get in the habit of turning around if I need to fly behind myself for the best angle of view.

try this, with the phantom on the ground, ready to take off, turn your back to it and see what happens. You lose connection. simple as that. I lose connection when there are tree branches between myself and the phantom. its line of sight. these are not like other radio waves... TV, FM or AM radio. Its line of site. and the tip of the antenna is the weakest part of it. it is the long sides of the antenna. so it the copter is away from you, the antenna should be straight up. If it is above you, it should be level.

no problem, I was in your position just a short while ago, and will be in mine in less time. :)

Does this make sense to you ?

antennerichten.jpg

Nice graphic !

Keep in mind almost all flying is a compromise for signal unless you fly your phantom 4' off the ground or a hill :) Any other antenna orientation is of course degraded.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic