Lost control and spinning

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was flying my Phantom yesterday, it was a nice and smooth flight, then I landed it and changed battery, when I took off again it started to spin and go up very fast, so I had to hold the left joystick all the way to the right to stop it from spinning and with difficulty I brought it down and kind of crash landed it.

I tried it again and the same thing happened, it started to spin and drift to the side and very fast flew away towards the bush, I almost lost it in the bush a few hundred meters away when I stopped the spinning and with difficulty and great luck I brought it back towards me and crash landed it again.

I took it back home and connected it to the software, it said no calibration is needed but I did it anyway and I also did a receiver and transmeter calibration but that made things even worse.

Now it couldn't even communicate between transmetter and receiver so I did the receiver calibration again now I COULD STASRT the motors which I couldn't do it after first calibration (first time I didn't do it properly). I did a test flight inside my house and was okay, no more spinning but now every time I land and try to restart I cannot start the motors until connect to the software and recalibrate the receiver.

An idea what is wrong please? Why yesterday after a nice flight it started spinning away and why after my receiver and transmetter calibration it is not holding the calibration and can not communicate with each other?

Do I have to reset my whole Phantom again perhaps to the factory defult and if so how

By the way what happens if the battery is low or runs out? Would it crash, go away or comes back home before it is dead?
How can check if the battery is okay or full?

Many thanks in advance
Mitchell

Try Advanced calibration, and. Againt Tx calibration. Also check if compass wires are fitted correctly into unit in landing gear. In the field perform the compass calibration with 360* dance . Check manual around how to do this.
When battery runs out, first ared blink flashes alerts you to land, if you don't do it, phantom will land straight down on its actual position.

The only problem with that is if its the new software many folks are having the dreaded yellow flashing of death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edunwody said:
The only problem with that is if its the new software many folks are having the dreaded yellow flashing of death.

What's the yellow flashing of death?

Never heard of it, and I thought I had heard it all by now.

D

Something that has just raised its head.

Many folks that are doing an advance calibration with 3.14 get a flashing yellow after the calibration and it ain't easy to get it back to normal.

jumanoc said:
Try Advanced calibration, and. Againt Tx calibration. Also check if compass wires are fitted correctly into unit in landing gear. In the field perform the compass calibration with 360* dance . Check manual around how to do this.
When battery runs out, first ared blink flashes alerts you to land, if you don't do it, phantom will land straight down on its actual position.

Yes I did both 360' dances and ten times GPS to ATT switch, and it was flying ok but after landing and changing the battery, it statrted Spinning and running away.

Also why my radio stop communicating with receiver adter my receiver and transmetre calibration??

Is there a way to set everything back to the factory defualt or make sure that they are all calibrated properly?
What hte the proper way of calibrating the radio and transmeter? I can not see any tutorial anywhere!

Many thanks in advance
Mitchell

So after Changing the battery you go through the whole preflight procedure right? Same as when you first flew with the 1st battery
Disconnecting the 1st battery causes a reboot

halfpipe said:
So after Changing the battery you go through the whole preflight procedure right? Same as when you first flew with the 1st battery
Disconnecting the 1st battery causes a reboot

Hi

Do I have to do that every time I change battery, I though I should only do it if I change location, not battery.
So you think changing battery with reboot the settings?

What about Transmetter and receiver do not communicating (different issue with the first one)
Thanks

Yeah probably changing the battery makes the Phantom forget its location so turning the tx off waiting a few weconds and then back on again then going through the complete preflight procedure might be best (won't take nearly as long because everthing is warmed up)

For the battery, buy a cheap digital kitchen timer from a hardware store for $10 and stick it on your transmitter. Time flies when your flying!

Roadkilt said:
For the battery, buy a cheap digital kitchen timer from a hardware store for $10 and stick it on your transmitter. Time flies when your flying!

That's what I'm using $6.00 US.

The only thing is you have to remember to start it. And sometimes I forget. Velcro on the TX.

The flashing yellow lights of death is not really death at all. I found out it was from a bad install of 3.14. NAza will show that its updated to 3.14 but it actually never got updated fully. Downgrading back down to 3.10 made mine fly fine. Finally I got it installed correctly and no more imu warmups. It goes straight to sat lock. The prob is when during the update it says disconnect motors or remove power, don't do it. Just hit next and it should install fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers