Lost contact and height question

Reaction score
I love that litchi continues on it's last speed all throughout the mission if it loses contact with the RC

does that also include the heights too? I have a mission where the terrain varies so when I lose contact sill it complete the mission at it's last known height? Cheers in advanced [emoji4]

Neon Euc

I love that litchi continues on it's last speed all throughout the mission if it loses contact with the RC
does that also include the heights too? I have a mission where the terrain varies so when I lose contact sill it complete the mission at it's last known height?
Litchi uploads the mission to the Phantom so it can complete even with no contact.
It shouldn't carry on at the last speed or height.
Rather it should complete the mission as it was programmed by you.
If you are curious, test it with a simple safe mission and turn off the controller to see what happens.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Page 22 of the manual specifically states that the bird will continue at the same speed as when signal is lost. No such wanting about altitude. Note, as has been discussed here many times, the gimbal pitch is only controlled as programmed when the RC is in contact with the AC (page 23).

Reactions: Pharm and Neon Euc
Thanks for the reply gentleman. I know about it continues at it's last known speed but still no wiser on height. As a precaution I decided to just set all the height the same. Not worth losing the bird for...

As for my ex wife. That was one bird I was willing to lose [emoji6]

Neon Euc

Just as a supplementry question (hope the OP doesn't mind):

If it's on a very low speed when signal is lost, and continuing that speed for the rest of the mission would mean it not returning before the battery ran out, would you lose the bird? Or would low battery RTH kick in and get it back to you?

Curiously, the manual doesn't say. It does state that in orbit mode, the bird will continue to orbit until critical battery is reached. Then the bird will autoland in place. To be safe, I would assume the same in waypoint mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl