Lost! B/c RTH speed?

Re: Lost!

I think newest firmware slowed down the RTH speed. I was flying tonight with no wind and its top speed in RTH was 5.6-5.7 meters per second (12.5 mph)

That is ridiculously SLOW!

Damon said:
I think newest firmware slowed down the RTH speed. I was flying tonight with no wind and its top speed in RTH was 5.6-5.7 meters per second (12.5 mph)

That would explain why my drone did not return home. I am telling you it usually (historically) returns about 17 mph and 10.2 mph was top speed this time around. Just that difference made a difference in my case.

jl_coat said:
Damon said:

That would explain why my drone did not return home. I am telling you it usually (historically) returns about 17 mph and 10.2 mph was top speed this time around. Just that difference made a difference in my case.

If that is the case kinda wish they would have stated it somewhere. FML

jl_coat said:
Ya it absolutely sucks. Of course it was my best distance flight. On that flight I went 12,800 ft with full FPV. Once I lost it ... flipped the switch and waited. After a few minutes my tele came up 8900' distance at 468ft altitude and 42% battery left flying at 10.2 mph. I knew I was screwed... I never regained FPV only tele and started blinking red at 4800' so I descended down to below 200' anticipating it dropping out of the sky. That was the last I seen it. I wish I had GPS coordinates of its location because where it is showing it is does seem line of sight back but it shows it in the middle of the street. I went in that area and lots of trees. I will continue to look.

FYI - I dont think I'm going to buy another one ... I want to push em too far. Not sure I can handle losing another one. Look soon on Ebay... for stage 4 remote side only for sale with FPVLR 12.5 dbi LHCP and both sunhans 2.4 and 5.8 with battery pack. Oh ya... I still have FPVLR special edition custom made 2.4 ghz microspheres.... man this sucks!

See pic below for lost drone image....

How much you going to sell the remote for? Maybe this is a good excuse to get the version 2 of p2v+

Not sure how I'm going to sell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 361
Yes ... only 4 flights. Painful.
Never thought it would be so hard to find a bright white drone. The prob is the GPS pin says it is there but honestly I never had FPV on return so all I have to base off of is telemetry. I'm not 100% it is where its says because the night of I was driving all around trying to make a wifi connection in that area. Not sure if its actually for from me connecting and reconnecting etc. In that area my wifi transmitter picked up shortly on the DJI app saying 90% but only for a few minutes. Maybe 1000' ft from that area

Attachments

• IMG_3528 copy.jpg
    IMG_3528 copy.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 350
Never got to try the 2.4 ghz minispheres that were built for distance! Ha!

Attachments

• IMG_3524 copy.jpg
    IMG_3524 copy.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 377
Invested a lot of time in research. Had a vision (non) sold it and bought a vision + . I agree its too soon, but maybe I will get another. IDK.

Can't let those sweet custom mini-spheres go to waste! Were they for the bird?

The night mine went down in the woods it was dark. I was unfamiliar with the woods and just following the pointer on my eTrex Vista to the coordinates provided by the Flytrex Live 3G. Just as I was arriving at the locating it began to pour. I was wearing a light jacket and a cap... :cry:

I had an super-bright Coast HP17 LED flashlight with me - 615 lumens. The dark of night actually helped and I spotted a trace of white up in the trees. I marked the tree and came back the next morning...still raining. :roll:

In daylight, with the gray sky as a backdrop, I like to never found that thing! I looked & looked, then walked around for a couple of hours looking. I actually started thinking what I saw the night before was my imagination and was about to give up. Then I went back to the original tree I had marked and only after scanning the branches with binoculars for 20 minutes did I spot it. She had rolled over on her side and was nestled perfectly. You could barely see it from the ground.

You can probably plot a line from her last known location to your point of launch. She almost certainly came down somewhere along that line. If the area is heavily wooded, she is probably up in the canopy somewhere. It would be nice if you had a friend with a Phantom (or a few friends with Phantoms!) for some aerial reconnaissance.

Yes the minispheres go on the 'bird and are 9 dbi compared to the pinwheels 1.9 dbi? They are directional so rear mount. Or one forward and one rear facing. Had Tony custom make em I think one other guy has them on here (forum) as well.

This is where the pin located the drone. The lower dense green foliage is about 8 feet off the ground. Ground is about 60 degree incline. Seriously it is challenging. I wish I knew someone in my area with a drone!

I want it BACK! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_3519 copy.jpg
    IMG_3519 copy.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 366
Ugh...that's going to be tough to get through. Good thing is it looks as though the leaves have already begun falling so it will be easier to spot her high up. I really hope you find your Phantom. I know exactly how you feel. That night I was sitting home hearing the rain beating on the roof and knowing my bird was out there blew chunks! I highly recommend a Flytrex Live 3G should you recover her, or for your next one.

Thanks for being supportive. Yes.I probably should have bought that $200 security blanket.
Are they pretty accurate in same scenario? Would it guide me to it within 3 ft or whatever?

When mine went down the Flytrex coordinates took me right to the very tree where she had landed. It even showed her altitude @ 116', which is why I figured she was "up there" in the canopy. The Live 3G is awesome, and pretty damned accurate!

Phenomenal. Lesson learned. Ugh.
If .... If.........,,,, I get another.... Yes I'll buy a flytrex
I plan on going back to that area with a machete lol. Hack my way too it.

What's the power source for flytrex ? If drone battery pops out does the flytrex still work?

The Flytrex Live is powered from the bird's battery but it transmits in real time so, even if your battery pops out, it will still be transmitting up until the moment the battery is ejected.

Dirty Bird said:
The Flytrex Live is powered from the bird's battery but it transmits in real time so, even if your battery pops out, it will still be transmitting up until the moment the battery is ejected.
I think we all should add a small lipo to our flytrex birds so that even if the battery is ejected we still get feed as long as it can

Unfortunately I live too far away to help with search ;)
(I assume you do not live in the Netherlands when I see the picture of the location)
No one here on the forum who lives nearby? :|
A challenge for phantom pilots to find him :mrgreen:
I really hope you find him,
good luck :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl