Lost all video!

Reaction score
Evening Folks,

Sorry about the noob question , but I'm kind of at a dead end with this one!

OK , had a video problem with my P2 , so back to the supplier who identified the problem as a faulty 2d gimbal - so kindly changed it to the 3d .. fantastic!

Got home, fired her up .. nothing , no video , not even the telemetry (which I had with the 2d problem).

Had a play around with some of the jumpers on the tx - and also all the channels on the black pearl - nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

I sure wouldn't have changed anything on the transmitter because of a new gimbal change. You should see the telemetry regardless of whether the camera is working, turned on, or having a connection problem to the gimbal. The people who replaced your gimbal had no reason to touch your isod module or your transmitter. All they needed to do was unplug the cam cable & plug it back in to the new gimbal.

It sounds like you receiver may have gone whacky. Why don't you go back and ask the folks that replace the gimbal for you to see if they did anything that would cause you to have no video on your monitor, camera or isod.

The signal path is camera usb port - gimbal cable to internal gimbal wiring - grey gimbal cable (gimbal control data other feeds video back inside the phantom for distribution back out to the isod and than to the transmitter) - cable from inside the phantom is split - two wires feeding video to the isod - the isod than feeds telemetry overlaying the camera video to the transmitter via two wires that plug into the transmitter & the other two wires feed power to your transmitter - isod cable to connector on phantom leg that feeds telemetry data to the isod & probably feeds power to the isod.

It's kind of complex. I don't know if you spliced in the original 4 wire cable that hung out of the phantom your self. If you did then you had to figure out all this inter-connection stuff yourself like I did since it's not documented anywhere. Anyway, you can see how the camera doesn't need to be feeding any video in order for you to see isod on you receiver/monitor. I'd check out al these connections. to see if they are all connected and solid.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic