Loss of video feed

Reaction score
Been flying this P3P since last July and never ever had an issue with the video feed. Went over to a friends house this afternoon to do stills and video of his house and at about 100 ft AGL video feed starts to break up then goes blank until I begin to descend. Did this all around his house at 100 ft AGL and no more than 150-200 feet from the RC unit. Even changed orientation of the antenna and that had no effect. Again...this has never happened before. Never lost control of the craft in any way...just video feed. Everything was fully charged, antenna orientation correct no power lines other than the standard house feed from the street. No other houses nearby.

Came home and did a test flight. Same altitude, power lines even closer. Went up to 300 ft. AGL and 500 feet away...video feed perfectly clear and no lost signal at all.

Anyone have any clues? Is it possible that the wifi in his house was so strong that it could interfere with my video signals? Don't know what else it could be if that wasn't it unless it had something to do with topography because he's got a steep hill to one side of his house but line of sight was never interrupted.

Andrew

Andrew, do you use iOS? Try deleting the Go App, reboot, then reinstall the go app. Let me know if that helps.

Andrew, do you use iOS? Try deleting the Go App, reboot, then reinstall the go app. Let me know if that helps.
Don't think I need to do this since everything worked fine when I did a test flight after the issues when I got home...which is about a half mile down the road from the spot where I had the issue. This would lead me to believe that it's not an app issue but something local to that spot...or a cable that wasn't seated properly.

A

Did he have multiple wifi routers in his house?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20