Loss Of Signal Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Hello.I have a Phantom 3 Standard, and my problem is that how much flight more than 50 m high or 50 m away, the drone is for and makes a point home (Home return) (RTH)

I've tried lower version to 1.5.7, since before I had firmware version 1.6.8
Result: not exceeded 50 m height or distance.

I've tried the beta firmware that has come out recently and which is posted in the Forum (1.7.8)

I have tested the application of Litchi.
Result:not exceeded 50 m height or distance.

I've tried the Argtek antennas

Video of the problem

(Although there are trees, nothing happens, I've also tried it with nothing around and same thing happens)Currently flying drone in Spain (EC) here the limitations are 500m in height and about 650 - 800m.

I don't know what else I can do or recommend me to making.

PD:Forgive my English,I have used a translator.

Last edited:
Do you have limits set in the DJI Go preferences? Turn the height and max distance settings off. Also make sure beginner mode is turned off.

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

I think you tried all I have ever seen.
Have you ever seen your Phantom fly like it should?

I have had this problem twice, both times it followed a firmware update.

The second time before I did the firmware upgrade. I had the option to downgrade on the app.
I did the upgrade, now I had the signal problem and app said no downgrade available.

I had to send both units in.

Since mine has been returned, post have been made as you have seen that a few, very few, have got there signal back by downgrading. But I don't think there signal problem was a poor as yours and what I have experienced.

I am now positive I was the first to post this problem and this was a year ago.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

General Info:
My first failed unit, what was returned to me, different remote, different phantom.
My second failed unit, what was returned to me, different remote, same phantom, stickers removed from arms and a list of parts they swapped out. As I think about it more, I think the top shell was replaced also. Just before I sent it in, I flew it in area that had major bugs, deer flies, etc. There is still blood spots stuck to the top of the battery I used that day. The returned unit had no trace of this.

Here is part of my list of this problem related to Remote signal problems based on a firmware upgrade.

Terrible signal performance

Keep us up to date on how you get it fixed.
If people are sending them in for repair, or finding a fix without sending them in. We just don't seem to get much feed back (.0001%) When I see an average of maybe two new members a week complaining about this for a year.
:rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: Jpk
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

I think you tried all I have ever seen.
Have you ever seen your Phantom fly like it should?

I have had this problem twice, both times it followed a firmware update.

The second time before I did the firmware upgrade. I had the option to downgrade on the app.
I did the upgrade, now I had the signal problem and app said no downgrade available.

I had to send both units in.

Since mine has been returned, post have been made as you have seen that a few, very few, have got there signal back by downgrading. But I don't think there signal problem was a poor as yours and what I have experienced.

I am now positive I was the first to post this problem and this was a year ago.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

General Info:
My first failed unit, what was returned to me, different remote, different phantom.
My second failed unit, what was returned to me, different remote, same phantom, stickers removed from arms and a list of parts they swapped out. As I think about it more, I think the top shell was replaced also. Just before I sent it in, I flew it in area that had major bugs, deer flies, etc. There is still blood spots stuck to the top of the battery I used that day. The returned unit had no trace of this.

Here is part of my list of this problem related to Remote signal problems based on a firmware upgrade.

Terrible signal performance

Keep us up to date on how you get it fixed.
If people are sending them in for repair, or finding a fix without sending them in. We just don't seem to get much feed back (.0001%) When I see an average of maybe two new members a week complaining about this for a year.
:rolleyes:

Rod
Rod,

I returned the P3S on Tuesday.. (02 August 2016)
This is already the 2nd drone which I return.
First one for "signal lost"
They send me a new one back. After update still the same problem.
2nd drone returns because "stresscranks" on the legs with the engines.

keep you informerd.

Thank you for your answers, I have no other and I send my DJI Phantom serving, for repair, I'll tell you how it went, because I think I can not do more tests to fix it myself.

If anyone has a suggestion please say it.

Reading out there, they told me that it can also be pa plate for some circuntancia station has burnt and has been inservivle the station, and for that reason, has no power to give signal to the drone.

A greeting

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj