Loss of signal over 75 feet

It seems as though no one here reads the actual first post where the problem and actions taken are described... I'm definitely new to this and liking to all of you more experienced veterans for help here!!! But geez!!! Read the original post please!!!!!

HeisenbergAR15 said:
It seems as though no one here reads the actual first post where the problem and actions taken are described... I'm definitely new to this and liking to all of you more experienced veterans for help here!!! But geez!!! Read the original post please!!!!!

open the controller and see if the antenna is connected on the controller and the copter

HeisenbergAR15 said:
To clarify I'm having NO problem with my wifi signal!!!!!!! It's my control signal from the transmitter aka controller hence the fail safe mode being initiated by the quad!!!!!!

If you don't want to return it, try a few things...

Check if the 2 antennas on phantom are pointing down the legs and not bent.
Don't point the tip of the transmitter antenna to the phantom.
Just check if you don't have the geofence on a like a 100m horizontal and 100m height in the vision app.
Plug the transmitter into the PC and see if the right toggle switch isn't malfunctioning and switching from GPS/ATTI/Failsafe.
Enable FCC mode (check your country) on the transmitter.
Flip the transmitter over and use a Phillips head screw driver and slowly turn the FCC/CE pot clockwise to max position..

If i do that am I voiding any type of warranty? I see the antennas going down the side of the landing gear on the quad are there two antennas on the quad along with compass?

I am in FCC mode and the antennas on the phantom are down.. I am aware to not point the antenna at the quad but rather 90 degrees from it... Is the geofence setting in setting in the app? Not seeing it

HeisenbergAR15 said:
If i do that am I voiding any type of warranty? I see the antennas going down the side of the landing gear on the quad are there two antennas on the quad along with compass?

No warranty voided. These are just checks and adjustments in the Phantom software.

As for the antennas, they are the 2 skinny wires with a grey plastic bit on it coming down the legs. They should not be bent.
And yes, the geo fence is in the Phantom Assist 3.6 software. There is an image with a cylinder with the height and radius range. I set mine to 9999999999 for both height and radius.

flyNfrank said:
I'm guessing DDM got DJI's old stock. And I would be concerned your quad may have several old parts in it. If it was my quad I would open it up and take note on what's inside. Then I would be on the phone getting a V3 that had all the new parts they now come out with.

I purchased from DDM in late December. I opened the Phantom up and I had all the latest equipment including the 2.1 ESCs, the vented WiFi and even the "new" style gimbal assembly that was mentioned in another thread. According to their site DDM is an authorized dealer of DJI products. Good Luck!

Hehehe...you ARE getting suggestions all over the place. Look at my first reply to you. I had a similar issue when my controller antenna was not working. You will not void your warranty opening your controller to just look at your antenna wire. Be sure it is not broken or disconnected. It will take you 5 minutes and all you need is the correct size screwdriver. (Don't strip out the screws using the wrong size)

Here is a youtube video opening an older-style controller. There are more cables connecting the two halves of the controller in the newer model....that's the big difference.

http://youtu.be/gLaQ1jEvnMU

Your radio antena is broken/defective , have your dealer check the radio ,or have them try another one with your craft.

After speaking with ddm they pointed me to speak with dji.... Dji said I need to use the PC assistant and make sure all of my firmware is up to date and calibrate the imu.... Only firmware upgrade that wasn't current was for the mc... Just finished so we will see tomorrow if that truly is the problem

Unfortunately not any better less than 50ft away and loss of control signal still... I spoke with dji tech support again and at first they talked about sending it in for repair... I've had this problem from the beginning right out if the box so I insisted on sending it in for a complete exchange for a new one... Let's hope the new one doesn't have the same problem!!! When trying to fly it today the gimbal camera tilt control on the controller was ibtermitenalky working too.... I had to use the app to control the camera tilt. Majesty's me think I got a lemon

Good. Really shouldn't have been a question IMO. Sorry you had to deal with all those weird replies haha. Hope your replacement is A-OK!

I bought it on amazon from DDM racing. Just retuned it for a refund and bought another on amazon from drones etc

HeisenbergAR15 said:
I bought it on amazon from DDM racing. Just retuned it for a refund and bought another on amazon from drones etc

I had purchased a new remote from Amazon. It turns out that it must have been a return that someone else tried to modify the antenna. I opened the controller and noticed that the antenna was now soldered to the board. It looked like crap.

Thankfully Amazon has great support.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4