Loss of power after 10-12 min of flight, with video...

Reaction score
Loss of power after 10-12 min of flight.
I have 3 factory battires, two of them brand new and it seems that at the 10 min mark i loose power, i still have some flight control but its limited as the bird is just dropping fast. i got some of it on film this week using my go-pro (the factory camera is out to be fixed due to a crash the same way earlier in the week)

I thought i may have been a bad battery but i have been able to reproduct it between 10-13 min on two of them so i dont think its that.

Look at the 9 min 50 second mark on the video. i come in from a long turn and it looks like i am trying to land it in front of me, i am not, i have the left stick full up. then i sweep off again and on the turn get the same thing this starts at 10 min and 25 seconds . this time it hit the dirt and i kill the motors. i try to take off again but apear to have no GPS signal and she justs starts to get away from me so i dump her. any thoughts on what this may be?

it was about 102 degree out, no power polls or anything around me. Funny thing is it seems like the phantom is trying to autoland?

thanks
Dave

how come you got audio ?
On the video about i am running a go-pro session camera, not the Visions 2 Plus. this is because about a hour before the Phantom did the same thing (loosing power) and hit the deck pretty hard, smashing the crap out of the camera and gimbal. the Camera is currently with ATK drones in UT being looked at. http://atkdrones.com/products/phantom-2-vision-gimbal-flex-cable-service
my next questions is can i recored what i see on my iphone via the VISION app so i can show the battery level when the drone is doing a auto land?
thanks
Dave

Desert Dave love the film/info and the distractions too
If you like that check out the other Youtube vids that HyperVision has posted. lots and lots of more of the same in the same vain... check out this one for flying over water..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1