Loss of GPS in P3S

Reaction score
Every time I fire up my Phantom 3 Standard,then controller,and then set wifi on my Galaxy S5 and open GO app my GPS goes in and out every 3 seconds and I can not calibrate the compass.I reboot my Go app can calibrate compass and my GPS is rock solid the whole flight.What gives?It is not the hardware it is the Go app software at fault here.Literally every single flight.My latest flight today but I had to actually reboot the Go app 2 times to get it rock solid:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I do not trust this Go app anymore.DJI CAN YOU HERE ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
yeah im finding something similar, suspect its the Software or a glitch of some sorts. i can replicate what you are saying with an LG G3, an LG GTAB 8 , and an Ipad Mini.

The common concensus around here is to turn on the contoller (RC) first, and allow sufficient time for connecting your device to the RC.
Then (I do anyway) open the Go app., then fire up the Phantom.

See if changing the order of turning things on helps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The common concensus around here is to turn on the contoller (RC) first, and allow sufficient time for connecting your device to the RC.
Then (I do anyway) open the Go app., then fire up the Phantom.

See if changing the order of turning things on helps.

How much time.......maybe 5 min?

How much time.......maybe 5 min?
Not sure there is a correct amount if time to wait.
I turn my RC on, and wait 30 seconds before connecting my phone to the RC via WiFi. The reason I do that, is because in my first few days of owning my Phantom, I had difficulty getting the phone to connect to the RC'S WiFi, so after some experimenting, I found that if I wait for 30 seconds, it connects easily.

Additionally, I believe the reason for having the RC to be "first item turned on & last item turned off", is so that the quad has a signal from a contoller, any time it is on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.