Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Loss of GPS in P3S

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by KEN5423, Apr 16, 2016.

1. KEN5423

Every time I fire up my Phantom 3 Standard,then controller,and then set wifi on my Galaxy S5 and open GO app my GPS goes in and out every 3 seconds and I can not calibrate the compass.I reboot my Go app can calibrate compass and my GPS is rock solid the whole flight.What gives?It is not the hardware it is the Go app software at fault here.Literally every single flight.My latest flight today but I had to actually reboot the Go app 2 times to get it rock solid:

I do not trust this Go app anymore.DJI CAN YOU HERE ME!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 KEN5423, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  2. WLS350Z

yeah im finding something similar, suspect its the Software or a glitch of some sorts. i can replicate what you are saying with an LG G3, an LG GTAB 8 , and an Ipad Mini.

3. mdowney58

The common concensus around here is to turn on the contoller (RC) first, and allow sufficient time for connecting your device to the RC.
    Then (I do anyway) open the Go app., then fire up the Phantom.

See if changing the order of turning things on helps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4. KEN5423

How much time.......maybe 5 min?

5. Jason Porembski

I turn on my RC and connect my phone. (iPhone). Then I turn the bird on. Knock on wood never had a problem with GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. mdowney58

Not sure there is a correct amount if time to wait.
    I turn my RC on, and wait 30 seconds before connecting my phone to the RC via WiFi. The reason I do that, is because in my first few days of owning my Phantom, I had difficulty getting the phone to connect to the RC'S WiFi, so after some experimenting, I found that if I wait for 30 seconds, it connects easily.

Additionally, I believe the reason for having the RC to be "first item turned on & last item turned off", is so that the quad has a signal from a contoller, any time it is on.
    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk