loss of control

Reaction score
It sounds to me like normal operation. the phantom is programmed to come home if the battery gets too low, the way that your video showed it dropping is normal. thats how it lands in fail safe mode. I would get a battery tester. I charge my batteries to 12.6v and i usually quit at about 11v. the failsafe activates at 10.6v

i tested the battery after it landed it was at 48%. I'm trying to figure out why i lost control of the phantom started very delayed response to control to complete loss of control and it finally went to failsafe and landed at home. i was no farther than a 100' when i lost control of the craft.

jimmyzshack said:
i tested the battery after it landed it was at 48%. I'm trying to figure out why i lost control of the phantom started very delayed response to control to complete loss of control and it finally went to failsafe and landed at home. i was no farther than a 100' when i lost control of the craft.
i had the same thing happen to me once.never figured it out.i think it may have been weak transmitter batteries.

now that you mention the delay and then the fail safe, it does sound like weak transmitter batteries. if it was a "flyaway" it would just maneuver on its own. also, make sure when you are flying that your antenna is bent at a 90deg angle upwards, that way you know you are getting the best signal.

these where brand new batteries put in the first day of owning, but i put new ones in have flown it 8 more times and it hasn't happen again. how many flights is avg for the transmitter batteries? thanks for the replies.

jimmyzshack said:
these where brand new batteries put in the first day of owning, but i put new ones in have flown it 8 more times and it hasn't happen again. how many flights is avg for the transmitter batteries? thanks for the replies.

that's a good question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20