Loss of compass heading

Reaction score
All pre flight readings were normal. I did not calibrate the compass because it showed normal and I had just flown this spot two days ago. The only difference today was an approaching storm. I manually took off and almost immediately noticed a drift to the right. There was no problem bringing the bird back to my front but then it began to gyrate violently. It then took a nose dive into the ground.I only had time to notice the in red "compass malfunction" (not sure that was exact wording). This all happened within a 20 sec. time frame at approx. 35 ft. Any ideas?

Last edited:
All pre flight readings were normal. I did not calibrate the compass because it showed normal and I had just flown this spot two days ago. The only difference today was an approaching storm. I manually took off and almost immediately noticed a drift to the right. There was no problem bringing the bird back to my front but then it began to gyrate violently. I only had time to notice the in red "compass malfunction" (not sure that was exact wording). This all happened within a 20 sec. time frame at approx. 35 ft. Any ideas?
The first thing I'd wonder about is what was the surface you launched from?
The flight data might help to eliminate guesses.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan