Losing Wifi connection

I emailed DJI tech support last week and still haven't heard anything so I doubt I would get much of a response from them on this wire. Even if they did respond I doubt I could prove it was Mfg defect since we did have a hard landing and the camera was affected. From what we know, or hope we know, would doing an aftermarket antenna mod fix the problem? If that crimped cable couldn't cause intermittent wifi failure, what else could? Is there a fix short of buying a new camera?
That my friend I can't tell you .
If it was mine...I would try and add some good 2.4 antennas to it before I looked for another camera .
I found messing inside that egg a pain and did have to replace one learning what not to do. ( how I've learned by messing stuff up ;) )
I got a used camera for 300 bucks but you can do better .
IF...you do go the route of getting another camera do try and be sure to get the QR code to it . If ya don't @J Dot has a how to ...to finding the
MAC #"s to bind it .

That my friend I can't tell you .
If it was mine...I would try and add some good 2.4 antennas to it before I looked for another camera .
I found messing inside that egg a pain and did have to replace one learning what not to do. ( how I've learned by messing stuff up ;) )
I got a used camera for 300 bucks but you can do better .
IF...you do go the route of getting another camera do try and be sure to get the QR code to it . If ya don't @J Dot has a how to ...to finding the
MAC #"s to bind it .
I appreciate all the help and advice, I guess I'll try the upgraded antenna route first. I don't mind doing upgrades, I mind 'having' to do upgrades just to be able to function.....grrr
Thanks again. I'll post how it does after the next upgrade.

@dirkclod, just an update (I hate threads that never give conclusions) I sent the camera to Horizon's and had them do the antenna mod. Sent it on Monday evening and had it back Thurs at lunch, not to shabby. I still have intermittent video loss but it may be a tad better. With all the mods this thing has on it, it should fly 10 miles if I wasn't worry about losing FPV, I don't let it out of my sight now. I ordered a new WiFi extender, this is worse than any hot rod, motorcycle or other toy I've had.

Reactions: dirkclod
@dirkclod, just an update (I hate threads that never give conclusions) I sent the camera to Horizon's and had them do the antenna mod. Sent it on Monday evening and had it back Thurs at lunch, not to shabby. I still have intermittent video loss but it may be a tad better. With all the mods this thing has on it, it should fly 10 miles if I wasn't worry about losing FPV, I don't let it out of my sight now. I ordered a new WiFi extender, this is worse than any hot rod, motorcycle or other toy I've had.
Thanks for coming back bro :) I'm gonna have to get another extender for mine as I think it has about played out .
And they are hell sometimes huh :D I know . Got a stsndard now too and doing all the antenna mod's to it and got the TX done with an itelite and it does well and getting ready to do the birdsides. Only thing is I havn't found no one else that has yet so sorta on new grond and don't know just how this is gonna turn out yet :):eek::eek:

Thanks for coming back bro :) I'm gonna have to get another extender for mine as I think it has about played out .
And they are hell sometimes huh :D I know . Got a stsndard now too and doing all the antenna mod's to it and got the TX done with an itelite and it does well and getting ready to do the birdsides. Only thing is I havn't found no one else that has yet so sorta on new grond and don't know just how this is gonna turn out yet :):eek::eek:
I'm just hoping the new extender fixes the problem, I really don't want to have to get a new wifi module that goes in the camera, I've heard that is really expensive.....

Oh, I was going to ask you, since you have the itelite mod, what kind of carry case do you have? If this new extender works, I may be looking for a less expensive carry case, maybe a backpack type.

Oh, I was going to ask you, since you have the itelite mod, what kind of carry case do you have? If this new extender works, I may be looking for a less expensive carry case, maybe a backpack type.
Vision has the FPVLR's and the other the itelite . Don't have a case so to speak but more like a big box with a lid that I keep in the back of my truck .
Gonna get a Lowepro carry bag and the TX stands up in it so that won't be a problem with ether . That panel is the easiest to transport .
I don't carry it around like most .

Vision has the FPVLR's and the other the itelite . Don't have a case so to speak but more like a big box with a lid that I keep in the back of my truck .
Gonna get a Lowepro carry bag and the TX stands up in it so that won't be a problem with ether . That panel is the easiest to transport .
I don't carry it around like most .
thx

Got the new WiFi Extender from DroneNerds.com, very nice people to work with btw. Took the quad out and flew it twice yesterday and both time I maintained my video thru the entire flight time. Next weekend I'll take it to the park where I have more open space and actually try to make myself fly it further than what I can see it. I am cautiously optimistic that the new extender fixed my issue. (fingers crossed)
Oh and I went ahead and ordered that Lowepro DroneGuard Kit carry bag, can't wait till it arrives.

I wanted a hard case but between the antennas hanging off the quad and the itelite on the RC, I thought that tote was the best way to go for now anyway.

I wanted a hard case but between the antennas hanging off the quad and the itelite on the RC, I thought that tote was the best way to go for now anyway.
That's why I want it. Same antennas . Will sit in floorboard of truck, is just right !
Thumbs up.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers