Losing wifi at about 60-70 meters high

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im currently getting between 60 - 70 meters of height until i lose video feed.. Does that sound about right ? And does the phantom still record when video feed is lost ? Anyfeed back appreciated. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

In reply to your second question, yes it will continue filming when the link is lost. However, that distance is woeful and you should be getting much better than that. DJI claim up to 1.2 kms though of course this is dependent on local conditions. Could there be something where you are flying that might be affecting your signal, an electricity pylon etc? If not then you may have an issue. Have you done all latest FW updates and after that recalibrated the IMU and Gimbal? That is definitely what I would check first.

Hope that helps.
Cheers, Rob

Ok we have the same one, so when I fly I loose video feed at 300 meters away from me.

Did you check your antenna ?
I think your antenna is misplaced.
It depend where you are flying too...
Did you try to fly somewhere else ?
It should be like 90°

1452970244-img-0448.png

In reply to your second question, yes it will continue filming when the link is lost. However, that distance is woeful and you should be getting much better than that. DJI claim up to 1.2 kms though of course this is dependent on local conditions. Could there be something where you are flying that might be affecting your signal, an electricity pylon etc? If not then you may have an issue. Have you done all latest FW updates and after that recalibrated the IMU and Gimbal? That is definitely what I would check first.

Hope that helps.
Cheers, Rob
You are right, I thought the same things...

Was this directly overhead?

Thanks for your replys [emoji108].. Yes directly over head

Your welcome, but you should contact Dji or where you buy your drone :)
Just let us know

On a standard the external antenna on the remote is transmitting to the Phantom (controlling it). The video is being received from the phantom on two antennas inside the remote near the top. How you hold the remote is still important for both operations.

Ok thanks, i try and fly it 2moro and see how i go with all the advice [emoji106] cheers guys

Successful much better range thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl