Losing video signal - again

Reaction score
Hello all, My P3S is losing the video signal "Signal Lost", but only when I switch to video. When take still images it works fine - no issues. I even bought a new 32 gb micro SD card, just in case, but it still drops out. I've contacted DJI telephone support. Their tech person suggest [a] I re-link the remote controller [done] , exit the the Go app and then open again [done], [c] uninstall the app and reinstall it [not done]. Other than that it works and flies fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've had no hard landings or crashes.

Last edited:
We live way out in the country here in northern Maine USA, and just a single powerline about 200 ft. away. No other sources of interference and no other homes. Our nearest neighbor is about 1/3 mile away. The video signal drops when it is very close ca. 50 ft. or less with no obstructions. Still images work fine even at near maximum range and altitude. Thanks.

Loosing signals again?
Again meaning another thread or it happened to you before?

Loosing signals again?
Again meaning another thread or it happened to you before?
Perhaps using "again" was a little misleading. Since I try it/fly it about every day and it doesn't work I thought "again" was appropriate. There is no problem with still images and no signal loss.

I am still lost,
Are you loosing live video on your mobile?
You don't loose live video when you are in picture mode, but you do when your in video mode?
Are you loosing video on the SD card when you are recording video, but not pictures?
Your first post said "Signal Lost", but your post says no signal lost.
If you are getting a message of "Signal Lost" there is two types. Image Signal Lost & Remote Signal Lost.
If you are getting Image Signal Lost, does the signal come back (The Video)?
When this happens are you getting Telemetry?

Hi, Just my video signal is lost. The SD card records my video fine. Telemetry is good with altitude, battery info, etc, etc. The 'copter responds to all my commands - and it works fine when using the still image mode.

Hi, Just my video signal is lost. The SD card records my video fine. Telemetry is good with altitude, battery info, etc, etc. The 'copter responds to all my commands - and it works fine when using the still image mode.
OK, that helps.
More questions
Has it every worked correctly?
Have you tried another mobile device?
I had to turn off video caching on my Android it wasn't fast enough.
Look at some of msingers tips

"Mobile device fixes"
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

I lose video feed at around 1000ft away and around 250ft up with my P3A while flying over forest areas. Is this normal on stock antennas?

I live in northern Maine and we live surrounded by pine trees and my video signal has not dropped out. It only dropped out when I went into the video recording mode - still images were okay. I've since solved the problem by using an iPAD. Apparently my Samsung Galaxy Lite did not have enough computing power.

Reactions: RodPad
I live in northern Maine and we live surrounded by pine trees and my video signal has not dropped out. It only dropped out when I went into the video recording mode - still images were okay. I've since solved the problem by using an iPAD. Apparently my Samsung Galaxy Lite did not have enough computing power.
Thanks for the update!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers