Losing Video at 300'

moswissa said:
1st_time_flyer said:
JimC6 said:
My RE700 arrived last night and I took out for a quick test today. From my front yard I took it up to 200' and then flew down the street 600' before I returned it home. It is already better than the 300' I was getting with the 500. I'll get it out over the weekend in an open area to see how far it will keep video. Pretty confident this was the solution to my initial problem. Thanks to B&H Photo for RMA'ing my 500 and swapping it with the 700. Thanks for all the responses everyone.

that's great news....I am getting about 500ft before with my re500 and just ordered the re700 from ebay this afternoon....plan on getting the stage 2 kit after I test out the re700 first....should see a noticeable difference between the 500 and 700 tho I hope...

same here I'm getting the stage 2 kit once i get used to flying it better. the RE700 was an awesome upgrade! I'm getting about double the range! i also bought the GPT TK102 tracker on amazon for 23 bucks. haven't tried activating it yet i still need a SIM but from what I'm hearing from the pros is that its a MUST.

where do you get a sim card to use in that particular tracker? I also got my RE700 in the mail last Saturday and I must tell you it's night and day difference between the 500 and the 700....i'm getting 1000ft out of it now.....and haven't gone much further away but i'm sure I can get more....and that's in my neighborhood where their is wifi EVERYWHERE.....ordered the stage 2 yesterday....doubtful it will get here by the weekend but i'm excited to add that as well.

wow your results are better than mine! i was getting 1000ft then it would cut off but then again I'm living in LA and its very congested. let me know how the stage 2 install goes. it looks easy, the only part I'm worried about it drilling a few holes thru the RE700. I'm not very crafty. the tx glue looks like a pain in the *** too but i think it takes a lot of patience.

moswissa said:
wow your results are better than mine! i was getting 1000ft then it would cut off but then again I'm living in LA and its very congested. let me know how the stage 2 install goes. it looks easy, the only part I'm worried about it drilling a few holes thru the RE700. I'm not very crafty. the tx glue looks like a pain in the *** too but i think it takes a lot of patience.
If you think that glue is bad just wait until you get into the receiver board in the quad and run into "The Black Goo of Death."

Happyflyer said:
moswissa said:
If you think that glue is bad just wait until you get into the receiver board in the quad and run into "The Black Goo of Death."

I heard that was worse. I seen on FPVLRs website that they can do it for you but for 175 lol thats too much. i think ill be good with stage 2 for now but I do like the idea of having 360' coverage around the bird.

Happyflyer said:
JimC6 said:
.....Happyflyer, if I could get near 900' I would be excited with this setup. I just didnt want to purchase an RE700 and find out it is not the extender causing the issue.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Jim
Totally understood on that. Good reasoning.
With the RE-700 and several antenna upgrades, I have been out 10,000 feet away and up 500 feet and still had control and FPV. Others have done much better.
Hope you get it all sorted out.
how do I upgrade to RE-700??

Geert said:
ccase39 said:

Easy, just buy the new wifi repeater RE700, bind it and go are ready to go. :D

Geert./.

do you think cloudy skies affect our wifi FPV range?
I took a flight now and it was very cloudy, I couldn't fly more than 300ft with my RE700. then again my phantom was only 40% charged(impatient and wanted to fly before sundown) when i started it and my RE700 was 80%, don't know if that makes a difference. what do you think?

beautiful view, this is right above my house in LA. a very congested area with a freeway. i never fly over the freeway to prevent distractions

Geert said:
ccase39 said:

Easy, just buy the new wifi repeater RE700, bind it and go are ready to go. :D

Geert./.

ok something is acting up and it wasn't the clouds lol I haven't changed or upgraded anything but today when i was flying i noticed it would get disconnected from the wifi (phantom connection broken). i thought maybe the range was getting bad so i landed it and was just trying to upload pics from the camera when it was sitting 3 feet away from me and still the connection kept breaking every few moments sometimes every 10 seconds.. now even when I'm sitting at home trying to connect it only work briefly then keeps cutting out saying (phantom connection broken). i tried rebinding it but still the same results. I have the RE500 that I'm going to try to see if it works in order to rule out a faulty RE700. any suggestions

I recently received a Phantom 2.0 vision + and it came with an RE700. Today I lost FPV in an open field away from any other wifi sources at 267 meters. I am using the lowest quality preview. My Samsung Galaxy S5 is set to not search for other wifi sources. Other days I have gone further but this is pretty standard distance. I take it this means something is not working correctly?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31