Losing signal between 50-75 feet

Reaction score
I have been using my Phantom 1 for about 2 mos now without any problems. All of a sudden it will now lose the signal and go into safe mode at around 50 feet. Fresh batteries and still the same problem. It will go through its setup program as usual. Finds the satellites then blinks green. As I get outside of the 50-75 foot range it will start to blink yellow and go into the failsafe mode. I can recover it when it gets inside that range and I turn OFF then ON the GPS switch.
Any suggestions as what could have gone wrong?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know how low you can go but have you looked at max radius in your assistant software to make sure it did not get lowered to something like 75'?

Just tossing it out there to check.

I was wondering what the most likely problem would be? A physical problem (Loose wire) or a programing issue....? Everything is set at factory defaults and looks to all be in the green on that end.

Antenna loose, broken, etc. on Tx or Rx.

Took apart the Phantom for the first time and all looks good. Took apart the TX and yup black antenna wire is off. Now what to re-connect it to?

junkflyer said:
Took apart the Phantom for the first time and all looks good. Took apart the TX and yup black antenna wire is off. Now what to re-connect it to?

Can you send photo?

junkflyer said:

No glue?

There is a small round connector off the end of a metal shielding can where it plugs in.

Found it. Thanks!!! I just ordered a RPSMA RG178 cable and new omnidirectional antenna. Might as well upgrade while I'm in there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr