Losing signal @ 400m

Reaction score
New pilot here. Can anyone tell me the best and inexpensive way to boost my signal. I see these booster antennas on ebay and Amazon but are they worth it. Or is DIY just as good??? I start to lose signal at 1000 ft. Very frustrating. Sometimes I even lose it even I go straight up. Help!!

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's easy to install a windsurfer but first I'd want to take a little drive into the country and try to max out the stock distance just to make sure you don't have a problem with the fundamental aspects of your controller and transmitter(s).

Check that you're orienting the antenna properly. Here's a good video showing the proper antenna orientation:

Hey Mark. I have been thinking that same thing. Iv been flying in my neighborhood and I feel like I might be getting interference from powerlines and houses, etc. I agree with you, I need to test it in an open area first. I watched a video on how to make the windsurfer. Looks fairly easy to do. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Check out maxxuav.com - let me know if you have questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bfreebrandon
Msinger, thanks so much. I have been doing exactly the wrong thing. I have been pointing the tip of the antenna towards the craft, which I see now is a no no. I'm going to try this and see how it goes. Ill let ya know. Thanks!

Check out maxxuav.com - let me know if you have questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JakeMaxxUAV, that's some pretty sweet merchandise. I'd like to have one of everything, lol. Do you have accessories for Phantom 3 standard? I didn't see a range extender for my remote.

Hey Mark. I have been thinking that same thing. Iv been flying in my neighborhood and I feel like I might be getting interference from powerlines and houses, etc. I agree with you, I need to test it in an open area first. I watched a video on how to make the windsurfer. Looks fairly easy to do. Thanks for your input.
Pick one up on ebarf for $10 and save yourself the aggravation.

I made a DIY Windsurfer. Works fine. I did not find it aggravating.
Well, good for you, but my point was that if your time is worth more than a nickel an hour, and unless you can make one which outperforms a bought one just buy one and start using it. I manufacture a lot of my own stuff, but seem to have outgrown the days of making my own VGA cables or hard drives. :)

I made my own. Nice thing about making your own is you will have it in your hands in less than an hour. But I don't use mine with my controller. I use it with my router. Shoots my wifi out to the far back where I can access the flytrex server with my second tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik