Losing power at 40%

Reaction score
Ok. So I finally got a chance to do all the suggestions. Cleaned batt points on battery and bird. Re calibrated everything and reinstalled all updates on every thing.
Took it out and just flew low. Worked perfectly till battery got down to about 40%. Started not holding position. Would sink when forward or backward or yaw. At 35 % dropped to the ground like it had very low battery like what I had explained before. Lost iPhone icons and it said it lost connection.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444530330.667286.jpg

What do you think?

Hook
Bird to PC ASSISTANT, go to the " ADVANCED TAB " then the " BATTERY TAB ", under this window, you will have tons of info! Look for " CELL VOLTAGE 1-3 " what are your numbers? They should all be VERY close to one another, if 2 are high numbers, and one is very low, you have a bad cell, and your battery is done! It will only get worse as time goes on, I have 2 bad batteries now, my fault storing them at 100%, if you store them, make sure they are 40% or close to it, then simply top them off when you are ready to fly, if you are going to fly the next day, you can charge them the night before! But if longer than 24 hours, 40%. Ok if all cells look good, look in your app, what are your battery warning settings at?
I have mine first alarm 20% then critical alarm 15% with auto land.
This last thing, is most likely your problem as described below, under the app in the settings window, TURN LOW BATTERY AUTO Go HOME, to OFF!
Let us know?

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok so all 3 of my battery's look good on cells. They are all around 4200. Vary about 100.
The GO HOME button was off on my phone app but ON in my pc assistant. I shut it off there.
I can't find where to adjust warning and landing. Where is that? Phone app or assistant app?

Lol,
They changed it, my fault, it is default 20% low battery warning, and 15% critical warning! You used to be able to set your own parameters? They changed it now! Now that you turned off auto go home, I would go and test it out, if problem still persists, there may be a different problem all together! Do you have a spare battery?

J Dot

Is there a way to drain battery without flying bird. I have three batteries. They all seem to be behaving the same.
I have done all that we discussed and just took it out and just hovered at 10 ft.
It would just drop down suddenly all the way to the ground and then recover. Did this starting at 75% left on battery. So frustrating. Any other ideas? Thanks again for all your help.

Do you have the ability to video the phantom doing this? Sounds like random power failure? Might be a bad connection somewhere? You might have to open it up, and scrutinize all connections ( plugs, and solder joints ) you might have a bad solder joint, or a plug loose! I would start with GPS, and compass. ( unscrew your GPS unit from your top case, and see if ceramic antenna is cracked? Just go over everything, with magnifying glass and flashlight!
Push all connections to insure they are fully inserted and tight!
Let me know what you find?

J Dot

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444612299.555878.jpg

The gps looks fine. No cracks at all. All solders look good and all plugs are tight. This rub in the gps cable shows bare wires but they don't appear to be broken. FYI may be unrelated but my China gimbal is not functioning correctly. It settles way off level.
I will try to film behavior tomorrow.

As long as the wires aren't touching each other, I'd put some tape on it ( electrical tape ) you could be getting Rf interference with that bare wire? Better safe than sorry! Also try unhooking your gimbal, see if that behavior still persists?

Let me know?
Jerry

I would unplug both, just to do a test flight, maybe gimbal, connection, or camera connections are bad? Just exhaust every possibility! The bird will fly fine with the camera unhooked, or take it off all together?
Also are you running DJI PROPS? Or aftermarket? DJI says DJI on them? Let me know?

Jerry

Here a link to my YouTube video of its behavior.
It has done it off and on since I got it at multiple locations. Worse now. All three batteries do it and they all check out good. Wifi antenna look healthy. Drops from any altitude. This was filmed with the camera and gimbal completely unplugged.

Wow,
That IS strange? Mine will drift around a bit sometimes, but NOT like that? Can you hook it to PC assistant, and take pics of all the pages and settings? I'd like to see your gains, and overall settings, I'd really like to see your accelerometer mod value! That is definitely an accelerometer issue, maybe caused by out of cal IMU, or GPS, and possibly compass? Your settings should shed some light! Let me know? If you can try to purchase a " CUBE LEVEL, around $6 U.S., it is a perfect cube about 1"X1"x1" it levels all directions at once, since I've used one, my bird flies more stable than ever!
When I do advanced IMU calibration,
I open bird ( take top off ) exposing naza-m flight controller, I place cube level on naza, then get bird PERFECTLY level all directions, then do calibration, I also do this on an all wood table, as once had a bad calibration due to my laptop too close causing RF INTERFERANCE! Just be aware of possible INTERFERANCE!

Talk soon
Jerry

Got it. I did level it and an advanced imu calibration on a wood table but computer was close and it may not have perfect. I will post picks of pc assistant tomorrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues