Losing or weak image signal 2000 ft

Reaction score
I flew today in a very large open space. At a distance of only about 2000 feet I kept getting a red warning message saying weak image signal or something like that.
Is this because my galaxy s5 auto updated to dji go?
I haven't updated the aircraft yet.
Is this down to loss of channels or is that governed by the phantom itself?
Doesn't give me much confidence for longer range flights. I am sure I have flown further in the past and not had this problem. Is it the new app?

I flew today in a very large open space. At a distance of only about 2000 feet I kept getting a red warning message saying weak image signal or something like that.
Is this because my galaxy s5 auto updated to dji go?
I haven't updated the aircraft yet.
Is this down to loss of channels or is that governed by the phantom itself?
Doesn't give me much confidence for longer range flights. I am sure I have flown further in the past and not had this problem. Is it the new app?

If you have a weak signal at that distance you either don't have your antennas oriented properly, you're not flying in clean line of sight, or there may be heavy RF interference near you or where your Phantom if flying over. Also flying too low will hurt range, the higher you go the further youll get.

Also you're channels unless you've used the channel mod have already long been reduced to 8 channels. You can upgrade your firmware without worries about the channels and from what I hear the mod to enable the full 32 channels does work on the new current firmware. And it definitely works in the latest go app as I've tested it tho my phantom is currently on 1.1.9 firmware. I'll upgrade my phantoms firmware during the week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20