Losing Control Signal inside 300 ft after first crash

Reaction score
Had first crash...not serious...tangled up in small tree branches about 12 feet off ground at 15 mph...tumbled onto grass. All four props were broke but no other damage. Replaced props with DJI spares. I did compass dance afterward and tested leds but nothing else. The Vision hovers and flys fine but I now lose Control signal at anywhere from 200-400 ft away. Antenna is properly angled. Do I need to calibrate IMU? Any other ideas? Thanks

Pull_Up, they are secure inside the legs...not loose at all. Should I open up the shell to look around?

Always worth a look inside after any crash. Check for loose plugs, solder joints and anything else untoward.

An IMU calibration only resets the inertial management system - nothing to do with the receiver. Trace the antennas inside back to the receiver board and just see if anything looks obviously amiss.

Vide in my sig shows you how to remove the shell and what tools you'll need if you've not done it before.

Mossie...at this point I am still wide open to ideas...I am methodically checking everything before I crack open the PV2. The batteries are fresh. I fly out in the country, there is no RF interference. I opened the controller to check antenna wire...all looks good. It has always been in FCC mode. Nothing is rattling inside the PV2 but I will open it up and take a look tonite. Thanks guys for the ideas.

...so I lifted the lid on the PV2...all looked OK...the antenna connections can be seen through the battery channel once you know what you are looking at! I closed it up, opened the controller to double check the antenna wire...all looks fine. I have done a couple test flights and range has improved to about 1000 ft. It seems to lose signal directly above my head much sooner...closer to 500ft. I am making sure controller antenna orientation is always pointed correctly. The controller has no mods. Is there any way that the repeater mod using a 5db t-link could be affecting the control signal strength? It was my first test flight with repeater mod that triggered my first ever "return to home". I flew the vision w/o repeater present to test the theory but range did not improve. I'm running out of ideas...any suggestions before I contact DJI?

Simon...that kind of distance in FCC mode? Seems sluggish, but I hadn't really tested the boundaries yet...but I would lose FPV prior to control signal in the few flights I have taken.

Yep. I think it might have been because I tend to fly in leafy (and recently very damp!) countryside, so lots of clutter like hills, hedges and trees. I wanted 1500ft and ended up with 2000ft. Next I'll mod the aircraft and see if I can't improve the quality of the signal even further - not for more distance per se, but also to operate solidly amongst or even behind trees, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie