Losing Camera Signal At 70 Meters

Reaction score
Hello All

A firstly post for me and a newbie in terms of quad flying. I recently purchased a P3S and flown this on six occasions, and my initial impressions are fantastic and really impressed on how easy it is to fly. However I have one issue.. at around 70 meters I am losing the picture to my IPhone (6) and last night I tried my Ipad but alas the same result. One thing to note is that I have full control as far as I dare to go and fly, estimate around 200 meters before I lose sight of the quad with the picture coming back, again, around the 70 meter mark. To add to the confusion, and it doesn't take a lot, the camera is recording crystal clear images to the SD card all of the time.

I have made a windsurfer out of card and foil from a template that I found on the web but again no picture after 70 meters. All software is up to date and I am really in need of some assistance here as this is spoiling my enjoyment.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to get this fixed?

Hello All

A firstly post for me and a newbie in terms of quad flying. I recently purchased a P3S and flown this on six occasions, and my initial impressions are fantastic and really impressed on how easy it is to fly. However I have one issue.. at around 70 meters I am losing the picture to my IPhone (6) and last night I tried my Ipad but alas the same result. One thing to note is that I have full control as far as I dare to go and fly, estimate around 200 meters before I lose sight of the quad with the picture coming back, again, around the 70 meter mark. To add to the confusion, and it doesn't take a lot, the camera is recording crystal clear images to the SD card all of the time.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to get this fixed?

The Standard uses WiFi (and not LightBridge as the Adv and Pro models) with an inherently much more easily scrambled signal transmission. However 70 meters is not much, you should get at least 300 meters, or more, even in a suburban area.

I would start with eliminating as many WiFi sources as possible. Switch the iPhone to airplane mode, and try to move away from possible other signal sources, like nearby mobile antennas and also homes with WiFi routers and stuff.

Remember that trees and other obstacles are weakening the signal to great extent, try to make sure to have a clear line of sight between the remote and the drone. The position if the antenna is also important, but you already know this.

//Tom

Last edited:
at around 70 meters I am losing the picture to my IPhone (6) and last night I tried my Ipad but alas the same result
Have you tried flying in different locations to rule out interference as a cause?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik