Lose video signal at only 300 feet downrange.

I seems more people have problems with the signal transmission. I my case I suspect a defective bird. Maybe more people have had this problem?
I also wonder what the defect is.
My retailer did not want to swap it for a new one. So now I have to wait for DJI.
Good luck Steve!

After more than 5 weeks waiting I received my P3A.

DJI replaced the RC, the receiver and the cooling fan. I think the lightbridge module has been replaced. Maybe the previous one got overheated. The fan should prevent this.

I remember reading somewhere that the lightbridge electronics can become quite hot. This could be the cause for (my) signal transmission problems.

Anyway I have updated the RC (1.4.30). The firmware was already 1.4.10.

I have now flown three charges and so far not a single transmission loss.

The image transmission settings look the same.

So far I keep my fingers crossed. It will take a while before my confidence is back.

Attachments

• Signal 11112015.jpg
    Signal 11112015.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 216
I've had the firmware issue that causes signal loss also. I downgraded to the v1.3.2... everything works fine now.

Last edited:
I've had the firmware issue that causes signal loss also. I downgraded to the v1.3.2... everything works fine now.
Maybe this is because you also disabled 2.7K support which was in upgrade V1.4.0.
In my case there seemed to be a thermal problem as well.
Could this be the root cause of all transmission problems?
The P3P with 4K has an extra fan in the gimbal as well.

Nope :) I had the original 1.4 update on the drone and one battery and I believe it was not compatible with my old Note 3. Went back to 1.3 and everything started working fine again except that one battery. After downgrading, then the camera went black with the no signal alert on that one battery. But it still flew fine, just no camera. Because 1.3 works fine, I have 3 batteries working fine with it and will be experimenting with the new 1.4 version that they updated later this week with the one bad battery first. If it still doesn't work then I will send the battery back to DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl