Lose signal at 200ft

Reaction score
I just got my P3 3 days ago and every time I fly I get a "sting interference detected" warning and I tried flying high and I lose signal at about 200ft high

I'm assuming you mean "strong interference detected".

Where exactly are you flying? Did you try flying elsewhere in a location that does not have any potential interference (e.g. houses with Wi-Fi)?

I'm assuming you mean "strong interference detected".

Where exactly are you flying? Did you try flying elsewhere in a location that does not have any potential interference (e.g. houses with Wi-Fi)?

Yes and Yes Itried flying it at a local park the next day and this time I got a signal that said something about "magnetic interference or metal" and I still got the same "stronge interference detected"

Do you see that message when your Phantom is on the ground or after you take off?

Is there anything metallic near your Phantom during that time? Perhaps something you're wearing?

Have you ever calibrated the compass?

Have you ever placed your Phantom near a strong magnet -- like a sub woofer in a car?

FYI, you shouldn't calibrate the compass every time you fly. Check out this guide for the best practices.

I've gotten that twice.

The first time, even though it was a place I had been to many times before - a park, I surmised that on previous visits the park was empty and now it had over 150 people playing socker thus 150 cell phones in a small place.

However, I'm now under the thinking it was when using Go v3.0.0 on IOS as I also had the same problem even 10-15 feet away. I've switch back 20 2.8x

The second timer was today flying near the city public safety radio building where there must be at least 25 antenna and a bunch of microwave antennas.

Try a different location and / or what Go version are you using?

Do you still see that message if you set your Phantom down on the ground (outside away from anything metallic) and move 10 feet or so away from it?

Yes I always do that I set near the middle of the street or park and walk away about 10 or so feet

It sounds like you're facing some kind of hardware issue. Since this happened right out of the box, I'd suggest you return your Phantom and get it replaced before it's too late to do so. After that point, you're going to have to ship your Phantom to DJI to be repaired.

I just got my P3 3 days ago and every time I fly I get a "sting interference detected" warning and I tried flying high and I lose signal at about 200ft high

That happened to me went to 200 then it said lost signal, dropped to 197 then it pick up again. And I was in the middle of sports fields , there is over head wires around though.

That happened to me went to 200 then it said lost signal, dropped to 197 then it pick up again. And I was in the middle of sports fields , there is over head wires around though.

No wires near me, I was flying just by houses

Tongue in cheek.....
I very much doubt houses with metal framed solar panels, generating electricity and therefore nice localized electromagnetic sources would be an interference. Nor is taking off from a street with heavy cast iron drain covers and buried cables.
I once took off from a nice little concrete bridge spanning a drainage ditch, Phantom took off away from me like a bat out of hell. Bridge totally made of iron with a concrete skim.
Phantoms 3s's just seem to be fussy little beggars, one day Dji might sort it out or more likely just drop the whole ball game re series 3 support and development

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen