Lose connection 130-300' altitude

FBM

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why I cannot seem to get anywhere near the distance out of this stock Vision+. I lose connection and it heads home usually between 120-300'...most commonly around 150-200'. Extender pointed toward the Phantom does not seem to make much difference. I like to take photos around 300' and would like to get it up to 400'. I can get a little more distance out of it, but usually not much more than 600'. I am located in Western Michigan, but have had the issue in New Orleans and a CA national park as well.

After the initial upgrade and controller calibration, I can no longer connect to the Assistant. It does not recognize the controller. I popped it open and it appears the connections are still in tact. I'm happy to upgrade antenna's if it would help (whether on controller or the Phantom itself. Anything simple I'm missing? Since I started running in Airplane Mode, I don't lose video connection ever. I can never get far enough away before it starts coming back in GPS mode...then I end up taking it out of GPS and flying manually.

Any tips and suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks!

You have a broken antenna wire.

Or you forgot you need to replace the batteries in ur controller.

If it says Connection Lost, this is your controller. So all I can say is this is your target point for investigating the problem.

Ok now I can finish what I wanted to say..... When you turn your controller on you should hear two beeps. Post back if you only hear one.

I have 2 beeps. I have had it a couple months, but was limited in how much time I had with it the first month. I have never been able to consistently get much over 200-250'. I supose the antenna wire is a possibility on the phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl