Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Los Angeles area beaches OK to fly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usaken, May 27, 2014.

1. usaken

I originally posted this in the wrong place. Sorry. I'm curious about the rules for drone flying in the communities in the Los Angeles area. I like to fly early in the morning to avoid too much attention. Also sunset is fun but lots more folks to deal with and an occasional one who says your drone is interfearing with "their" sunset. Thanks

2. Gizmo3000

Santa Monica has a no-drone ban
    of course, one of the best viral video's is titled "Santa Monica Airlines".
    But aside from that, I think I read one Phantom flyer was simply asked not to fly when confronted by authorities.

3. SilentAV8R

Farther south in Orange County I was ready to do an early morning flight at Crystal Cove State Park (overlooks the ocean and is removed from all people/houses/roads). The friendly park ranger informed me that I was not allowed to fly there, despite it being the exact same location I had flown radio controlled gliders in the past. When I mentioned that he was quick to respond that motorized vehicles are not allowed, the gliders were fine.

4. JPSLV

No flying in all Beverly Hills parks. A ranger will let you know. It's on the City's website: no RC air or ground

5. GreyGhost

What are some good spots to fly in huge la area?