Los Angeles area beaches OK to fly?

Reaction score
I originally posted this in the wrong place. Sorry. I'm curious about the rules for drone flying in the communities in the Los Angeles area. I like to fly early in the morning to avoid too much attention. Also sunset is fun but lots more folks to deal with and an occasional one who says your drone is interfearing with "their" sunset. Thanks

Santa Monica has a no-drone ban
of course, one of the best viral video's is titled "Santa Monica Airlines".
But aside from that, I think I read one Phantom flyer was simply asked not to fly when confronted by authorities.

Farther south in Orange County I was ready to do an early morning flight at Crystal Cove State Park (overlooks the ocean and is removed from all people/houses/roads). The friendly park ranger informed me that I was not allowed to fly there, despite it being the exact same location I had flown radio controlled gliders in the past. When I mentioned that he was quick to respond that motorized vehicles are not allowed, the gliders were fine.

No flying in all Beverly Hills parks. A ranger will let you know. It's on the City's website: no RC air or ground

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic