Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Loosing power

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by Rickesco, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Rickesco

Hey
    I 've been having an issue with loosing power half way thru my flight. Battery power iwere at 60% and the Phantom Vision 2+ just starts dropping and lands. I throttle up and nothing happens. This has happened several times now with different batteries and I can't figure what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

2. burlbark

Try charging and then hooking up your Vision to the assistant and checking battery voltage and cell voltage. You could have a bad charger, several bad batteries or a cold solder joint on the main power leads.

Jeremy

3. Rickesco

Well I checked all four batteries with the assistant and they all showed as good voltage. I flew again this morning and the same thing happened with all four batteries. I drained them all to 8% and now I'm charging them with the field charger to see if it's the charger. I'll try again tomorrow and if it's still doing it I think I need to open her up and see if there are any connections that are loose. Also does anyone know if I should upgrade the firmware to the current one?? One thing that I noticed is that the battery starts off at 22 minutes and within a couple of minutes it drops to 10 minutes and all I was doing was hovering.

Rick

4. Mako79

How many cycles on the battery? Are they series 2 batts (part number PH2-5200)?
    Does the battery percentage go red when throttling hard, especially against the wind?

5. Rickesco

After charging a;; the batteries with the field charger I was able to have good flights. no issue. I guess I guess I need to replace the charger. Two of my batteries are the older version and two are the new ones. The new ones only have had 5 charges and the old one probably 20 to 25 charges..

6. Gordy Kehler

Had the same thing happen to me. Mine happened when I rotated the drone to change direction. It happened on 2 different drones. Both were running the 3.08 software, Assistant 3.8. I suspect it has something to do with software and the new version of remote controls. I would like to change back to Version 3.0 or earlier.

7. Rickesco

Let me know if you back up on the software version if that helped..

8. Gordy Kehler

Wasn't able to change to an earlier version of software. Stuck with the latest and not so greatest. Help...