Loosing LOS in my 60's

If you lose line of sight then the safest direction to is to go up...but you seem to be going down and moving left and right. :)

Sorry, but I am a little bit confused about this post.
What was the point of the video, please? I didn't get the meaning.
I was expecting to see a drone, disappearing into the horizon.
Where are you, in relation to the drone?
Yeah, "Losing" sight, right?
Unless you turned it loose... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I also didn't understand the purpose of showing the video. What do you want us to appreciate?

Wow, what a great video... So you almost hit the power pole and some guy-wires. Even in your 60's, you still learn more every day... lol. Fly higher next time, take it up to the 400' max where you are safe.

Reactions: AL T
Wow, what a great video... So you almost hit the power pole and some guy-wires. Even in your 60's, you still learn more every day... lol. Fly higher next time, take it up to the 400' max where you are safe.
Very true. I got lucky while relaxing behind the controls. It woke me up and hopefully won't happen again

Sorry, but I am a little bit confused about this post.
What was the point of the video, please? I didn't get the meaning.
I was expecting to see a drone, disappearing into the horizon.
Where are you, in relation to the drone?
Yeah, "Losing" sight, right?
Unless you turned it loose... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
I wasn't very far. Probably 900-1000'. I lost concentration and it wound up in a near hit of a pole and support wire hardware. A case of serious pilot error. Just thought it would be a sigh of relief as there must be some flyers that have had a similiar experience.

I thought it was going to crash into the pole.
I finally looked down at the sun-washed out screen, (galaxy 5) as I was passing behind the pole. I actually pulled back from the dirt pile and wound up past the road by way more than I thought, just behind the pole and wires.

Yes but but having seen the pole at start of picture I would have gone up 50 meters before doing anything else.

Yes but but having seen the pole at start of picture I would have gone up 50 meters before doing anything else.
I think that was most of the problem. Not clearly seeing the post prior to going behind it. Once I passed by the pole, viewed on the fpv screen, I was worried about rising into the power wires overhead. I went forward because that was where I just came from and it was clear. After getting close to the dirt pile and way from the pole and supports, I gave the bird altitude and came back to the home point.

I thought for a minute you were going to back up into the trees etc behind the drone. Before flying, especially in very sunny locations, max out the screen brightness on your chosen device. You'll then have a chance at least of seeing what the drone sees. Also agree that you need to push up the height although in your location 50' higher than any major object - tree, building etc, should be fine if you want to retain vlos. As a new member of the 60 year old club myself - what happened there!! - I know these young whippersnappers have the edge on us but it's huge fun to free up the shackles of seeing everything at 6' and to start to explore the amazing realm of the birds.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting your learning experience.

60 is still young. After all what "old guy" would buy a drone.:D

Reactions: AL T and movius

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj