Loosing GPS lock and other weirdness

Reaction score
I've made only 6 or so flights with my P3P but having some issues. At least, I think I'm having issues but my lack of experience with this particular quad makes me wonder if I'm missing something or if something is wrong.

Flying in a BIG open field with 15+ satellites, no obstructions and no further out than 1700 ft. I keep hearing my remote beep at me (still learning the Go app) when I realize the beeping seems to be triggered when I lose GPS lock. Quad would slip from GPS to ATTI mode randomly, all while reading 15+ satellites. I never switched to ATTI mode, staying in P or F mode only.

Possibly related, my screen video is not as stable as I had hoped, and the video files recorded to my phone are all spit up into short files, spewed in multiple files of various lengths with gaps not recorded in between. In other words, instead of one long video file (video was being recorded from start to finish of flight), the video is chopped up into many, much shorter files. This behavior could have been triggering beeping of the remote as well. Files taken from the P3P look fine.

I've been looking forward to using Lightbridge for its stability and range, but I'm not seeing it. Here is my Healthy Drone report:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The Sensors/Signal Map does not look right to me.

try reformatting the SD card and try again. funky memory cards can cause all kinds of problems, not just related to recording. if that doesn't fix it, you have a lemon.

I will reformat the card but I believe I did that during initial set-up. It's the same card that came with the quad so I will try a different card as well.

Does the HealthyDrones report look suspect (signal map especially) or is this a typical reading?

I will reformat the card but I believe I did that during initial set-up. It's the same card that came with the quad so I will try a different card as well.

Does the HealthyDrones report look suspect (signal map especially) or is this a typical reading?
The signal errors seems a bit odd. Fly in a different location, there is clearly some kind of interference where you're flying.

Also make sure your antenna are oriented properly.

The location was very isolated, but who knows? Antenna orientation was good. I did detect a lot of interference when checking the channels, which was odd. My flying buddy was using a P2S and having no issues (or was the nearby P2S the problem?). Another field test later today. Thanks for you help.

The location was very isolated, but who knows? Antenna orientation was good. I did detect a lot of interference when checking the channels, which was odd. My flying buddy was using a P2S and having no issues (or was the nearby P2S the problem?). Another field test later today. Thanks for you help.
np, good luck.

Well GPS connection was stable on my most recent flight but video recorded to my phone was again split out into about 10 different files instead of one contiguous running video (using a new, fast SD card). Is this normal or could it be my phone causing this (Galaxy Note 4)? Not that big of a deal as I don't really need or want the footage on my phone, but if it's a symptom of something more serious, then I need to trace it down. I still can't reconcile why I would loose GPS lock with 17 satellites a few days ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20