Loosing FPV after a few minutes (cold weather?)

Reaction score
Hi

Haven't been flying for some time now, but the last couple of days I have made a few flights and the weather is freezing here right now.

My problem is that my FPV signal is getting gradually worse and worse during the flight and will end up with a black/grey screen in my Fatshark Dominators.

Testing indoors and even outdoors without flying I don't see the issue no matter how long i wait. Tried leaving both the Phantom turned on and the goggles outside for 15 min. No problem.

My setup:

Phantom 2
Gopro Hero 3+
Zenmuse H3-3D
iOSD Mini
ImmersionRC 600 mW
Fatshark Dominators
Spironet antennas

Is it the cold weather that somehow makes a loose connection during flight in my vTx? I'm loosing both video and OSD information and the bad signal doesn't look like normal bad "snowy" signal, but more like bigger and bigger horisontal lines interfering on the video.

Will test with another receiver soon, but have anyone else had this problem or an idea on what to look for?

You "lose" a signal. You "loosen" a tie or "set loose" the dogs. You cannot loose FPV unless your video tx is falling off the bird ;-) Just sayin'

Perhaps that's what happening? :lol:

In case it isn't, do you have a better idea? :)

Will test with the Immersionrc Duo 5800 tomorrow instead of the build in receiver in the Fat Sharks.

The cold and vibration of flight may be your problem. The cold may cause contraction in a joint and the vibration of motors and props can worsen, exagerate, or open a weak joint or connection causing an open circuit and video failure. Anything from a solder joint to a mechanical connection such as a crimp connection or defective plug and socket. Troubleshooting can be time consuming and tedious, but unfortunately needed.

Might suggest starting at video transmitter. Make sure the antenna is on transmitter, with props off, turn on phantom with video unplugged from transmitter. Does the view in goggles look like when you have problem? Reconnect and follow wires to each connection and wiggle each one looking for a loose connection.

More than likely it's your Tx. Had a couple when cold lose contact internally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20