Loosen screws (very slightly) to prevent rotor arm cracks?

Reaction score
I'm a new P3A flyer (Australia) and I've been reading up as much as I can so I can get the most out of my Phantom safely.

To be honest, I'm a bit freaked out by all the tales of problems and mishaps, but I try to remind myself that there are many thousands of people who (I hope) are not having such difficulties.

Apologies if this topic has been covered, but I couldn't find any information about whether it is advisable to try to prevent cracked rotor arms by taking excess pressure off the screws - I'm thinking something like 1/16th of a turn.

Good or bad idea?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

bad

Apologies if this topic has been covered, but I couldn't find any information about whether it is advisable to try to prevent cracked rotor arms by taking excess pressure off the screws - I'm thinking something like 1/16th of a turn.
Don't bother. The problem was due to a bad batch of plastic and the vast majority of Phantom 3s never developed any cracking at all.

Something like half a million P3 have been sold so a problem that might have affected a few hundred or a thousand might sound like a lot but it's a tiny fraction of the total.
That particular problem was affecting some of the earlier P3s last year and we hardly ever hear of it nowdays.

Thank you. That's reassuring - I'll leave well enough alone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj