Loose sateliteswhen I record

Reaction score
lakislambrianides said:
Hi
I need help pls
I just bought my phantom vision 2 plus and my proplem is that. When I fly I start record.in that time I loose all satelites even if I lock 6 or 7 satellite s before I start fly. Any ideal? How is possible loose all satelites when I star record? ?
Thnks.

Fix here

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19099

This is the fix, I just done it last eve. And there is a world of difference on my first test. It's easy to get mad and complain cause DJI should of done this and I was about to, but truthfully it's much easier to just do this mod. I was about 30 minutes all total and done.

Yes, if you read that thread, you will see the satellites drop when you press record. So it not only improves overall, but with record too.

I'm not so sure this has to do with his satellite reception. I would lean toward it being a wifi problem of some kind.

Yes it is a WiFi problem, sort-of, but more a design consideration not fully implemented or effective (i.e. DJI's small OEM shield).
The foil shielding mod appears to be effective for most whether recording or not, so there is obviously some level of interference from the o/b electronics including the camera or related system(s).
Though I have not seen any actual measurement of the possible interfering signals or their amplitude, the WiFi component is easily corroborated anecdotally by experiments that many have done.

Try the link rrmccabe provided you.

It entails basically increasing the size of the OEM shield by augmenting it with foil or similar materials.

Be sure to redo the compass compensation after adding, removing, or relocating components in or on the a/c.

Welcome.

"Where in the world are you located?

Congrats !! It gives you a lot more confidence in the machine staying locked on and flying stable in the wind.

lakislambrianides said:
Hi again
I just want thnks all for your help..I put aluminium tape on my phantom and everything getting well..no lost satelites. I flew for 40 munites with two battery using camera and everything ok..thnks all...
Hope you put packing tape over it. !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik