Loose Phantom 4 prop mounts

Reaction score
Hi all, just had a check on my prop mounts on the P4 and some of the screws that secure the mount to the motors are loose,bit of movement on the mounts

1 does anyone know the size and too! To re tighten

2 can I just re tighten or do I have to remove the screws and apply threadlock ? If so what type dreadlocks

3 is this common ?

Thanks

1.5mm hex, and not common but I have seen other post on this too. Do not over tight, I marked the screw heads to the mount and I can visualy check if they have turned.

1.5mm hex, and not common but I have seen other post on this too. Do not over tight, I marked the screw heads to the mount and I can visualy check if they have turned.

do I need to use threadlock or just nip up screws

You should not use thread lock.

They already have threadlock on them looks like 243 medium stuff, you should be able to nip them up a bit, just be very gental as this a very small thread in aluminium.

1.5mm is correct. My mounts were a bit loose as well, but the screws were tight due to the thread lock on them. The thread lock that DJI seems to use is the 'blue' variety, which I think is a bit more allowing for removal than the 'red'. I found this out by having purchased a set of four replacement (stock DJI) mounts for my kit just in case, and the screw tips are pre-dipped in the 'blue'.

In my case, I think the issue was very likely the small holes in the plastic mounts opening up a tiny bit or 'wowing' around the fasteners, and I first loosened the fasteners one by one and then re-tightened them. This took out the play that I had in all four mounts. I will now monitor after each flight and replace them with my spares if they become loose again.

No not at all since day one, they must have had the proper torque. With my new spare set of clips that I plan to change once a year 2 of the 3 screws have a drop of locktite on the threads. You could check yours if you have them. Use the blue type as to help the thread to lock and NOT bond to the aluminium.

There are two main types of thread lock. One is meant to be broken with the use of a tool ie using the hex key to undo and the second one is meant to be permanent and never meant to be undone.
Note, when using thread lock, once the seal has been broken the parts need to be cleaned and a fresh amount of thread lock needs to be applied in order for it to reseal and lock the screw back in place.

1.5mm is correct. My mounts were a bit loose as well, but the screws were tight due to the thread lock on them. The thread lock that DJI seems to use is the 'blue' variety, which I think is a bit more allowing for removal than the 'red'. I found this out by having purchased a set of four replacement (stock DJI) mounts for my kit just in case, and the screw tips are pre-dipped in the 'blue'.

In my case, I think the issue was very likely the small holes in the plastic mounts opening up a tiny bit or 'wowing' around the fasteners, and I first loosened the fasteners one by one and then re-tightened them. This took out the play that I had in all four mounts. I will now monitor after each flight and replace them with my spares if they become loose again.

Are the fasteners considered correct when he 3 tiny holes show thru it and line up waiting for screws?

There are three theaded holes and two smaller non threaded holes. Line the mount holes up with the three threaded holes. I forget if the original mounts have the anti torque pins on the bottom for the two non threaded holes. I have since upgraded to the new coil spring mounts and they do have plasic pins that utilize these other two holes.

There are three theaded holes and two smaller non threaded holes. Line the mount holes up with the three threaded holes. I forget if the original mounts have the anti torque pins on the bottom for the two non threaded holes. I have since upgraded to the new coil spring mounts and they do have plasic pins that utilize these other two holes.

Well thanks, I have trouble here and had just put the old mount back on. Had I been able to line up that third screw for the one and only mount I started I would all of them. . So, maybe another day. Maybe there is someone a little less klutzy than myself that I could find to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20