loose control of my phantom

Reaction score
Hi
i Bought my DJI Phantom last year around august from a toy store in South africa ( Durban )flight and dust hobbies .Everything worked fine at first i was able to practice flying and landing it . I even tried the fly home which allows the phantom to fly back to me and every thing worked fine , I then bought the gimble zenmus for the go pro , i had it fitted where i bought my phantom with the FPV transmitter, 1stly everything looked fine until one day i was flying it , every time i let go of the lever on the transmitter the phantom wouldn't stop but it would go further away regardless that it was on GPS mode it would want to fly away and i had to control it by shifting the lever on the opposite direction , i took it back to them and they did a calibration on it , after that it did the same thing while i was flying such that which ever direction i tried to shift the lever to , it still went on it own direction, i then switch of the transmitter so to activate the fly back home but instead it went down and crushed ,i managed to recover it but my gimble was faulty it was vibrating, i took back to them for check up they fixed the gimble and again after weeks it did the safe thing it flew away without responding to the transmitter and when i switch off the transmitter it would then fly side ways and crush down, now it the 2nd time doing this to me and breaking my gimble , i need to know what causes this problem? how can i resolve it coz now am tired of paying for these repairs when i know very well that i didn't crush it and am now afraid to fly it since it mate go for good

Strange. The flight behaviour seems to somewhat fit Manual Mode. Your right switch is in the UP position?

What you tell suggest possibly some absence of GPS data for the Phantom to work with. Do you get the rapid green flashes for Home Point setting? If you have IOS enabled this would be the second series of rapid green flashes. And do you get single green flashes after a while? No red flashes anymore?

Also have you checked all settings, calibrations and functions with the Assistant software?

Be sure to calibrate your remote control, too. Mine has had an issue where it thought I was applying some force to the left. Once calibrated, that stopped.

Look like your top right switch (flying mode) is NOT on the very top position for GPS mode, but in either the middle or bottom for ALT or MANUAL mode!

well i didnt calibirate the transmiter , and everytime b4 i take off iwould calibirate the phantom and make sure the the light is all green and that it gives me multiple of green as a sign that it has saved it home point but somehow it keeps doing the same thing , today i sent it for check we discover tht @ of my motors were not funtioning well so we change them , am hoping this will work but now it terrifies me to fly it since i dont knw wht will happen,

Fly very low then to test it out or you can even tether the landing gear with thin rope so it can't fly away. ;)
Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31