Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Longhorn

Apple doesn't sell the P3 Pro only the P3 Advanced, P3 Standard and the P4....Looking to buy my 1st bird and was wondering if there is a huge difference between the P3 Standard and the P3 Advanced besides a couple a hundred bucks? For my 1st bird I can't really see myself buying the 4. A friend of mine in the neighborhood had a buddy over yesterday and he had a P3 Pro. He flew it over a mile away to another friends house completely out of site and I was really amazed as he hit the RTH button and 5 mins later it came flying right back to us. Don't know why Apple doesn't sell the Pro model. Would I be happy with the P3 Advanced or should I spend a little more and get the Pro? The only difference I can tell is the option of 4K video over 720. Don't believe it would make that much difference to me and I could save some money on my 1st purchase. My son bought a 3DR Solo a month ago. I can see a huge difference with the Lightbridge technology over the WiFi. Thoughts???

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

You can compare the specs of both Phantom models here.

As you will see in the specs, Wi-Fi has 1/3 the range of Lightbridge. Is that important to you? Only you can decide.

3. Ibmftw

Massive difference between the P3S and the P3A, the "A" has light bridge, the P3A is near identical to a P3P except the A has a lesser quality camera, and used to have a slower charger. The "A" will fly exactly the same as your friends model.

4. Longhorn

So the A has Lightbridge like the Pro and only difference is the camera from what I can tell. I will definitely go with a Lightbridge model after watching my son fly his WiFi model Solo. I think I'm leaning towards the A model over the Pro. I might still be able to take advantage of the extra battery program that DJI is running with drones bought through Apple also. Maybe a P3 Pro or P4 next upgrade in a few months. Thnx

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

The only differences are the Pro can also shoot 4K video and it has a more powerful battery charger.