Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Looking into Flytrex liv,e data provider US

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by marg2, Mar 13, 2015.

1. marg2

Guys wanna buy flytrex 3g live but no idea how or what data plan should i need, any ideas on how much will cost and who is the best carrier, live in TX
    Thanks

2. PhantomPhreak

Try http://www.h2owirelessnow.com. It is $10 for the card and $10 pre pay for 3 months with 100MB of data. Plenty for the Flytrex. If you can get a good IEMI number for an Android compatible tablet, try T-Mobile and ask for the 200MB per month plan for life. It is $10-$15 for the SIM card and it is good for life. It can be a real pain to activate, I had good IEMI #'s and it took a lot of trials to get someone to get them going. I was able to get 2 activated for my 2 P2's and have the H2O as a backup. Both working well in my area South CA. I am headed to Austin on Sunday so I can try them in Texas.

3. marg2

have fun in Austin very happy place, got iphone will call them, do you like your flytrex, most likely to watch my flight on wifi at home and as a security in case of lost , think is worth it?

4. nhoover

I used the same for my Live3G here in California and it worked great. I don't think there's a better deal around either.

5. AmosMoses

Look for the h20 sim on Amazon. You can get it for a penny instead of $10!! That's where I got mine. With free shipping too.

6. bergenfelter

h20wireless - I have a few flights on my 3GLive and it works great - I don't see how you could burn through $10 USD of data with just the Flytrex - I flew for 20 mins and went through $.06 on the data plan.

7. Couchie

I too use H2O Wireless. I'm in western Kentucky and have had no issues at all getting data to Flytrex.

Very easy to use/set up.

I just checked my balance on my SIM and I've still got $9.25 available. I've made probably 20+ flights with this three month cycle.

8. Drone-Outlaw

DON'T USE T-MOBILE!!! I live in Houston & the cheapest you will pay for them is $10.00 @ month & that's only if you are currently using them for your Mobile phone needs! If you get the pay as you go the minutes only are good for 7 days!! Now I just changed over to H2O Wireless & it only cost me $10 & that data is good for 90 days...Trust me when I tell you that T=Mobile is not the way to go if your not currently using them for your Mobile ph provider & then you will still pay $120.00 a year -vs- $40.00 @ year for H2O Wireless...
    I just switched over a few minutes ago actually...

Moose

9. marg2

was up Lee
    Mariano here
    H2O Then Thanks

10. bbfpv

T-Mobile works, and its a one time charge of $10 for 200mb / month for life. I posted about it here viewtopic.php?t=34467

You just have to be persistent. Much better deal than anything else out there.

11. Perdidoflyer

All I did was go to the AT&T store and pay $15 for a micro-sim, gave them the IMEI for the Flytrex, and added it to my 10GB/month family share data plan...