looking forward to trying DJI carbon props

Reaction score
got a nice parcel this afternoon containing my DJI 9443 carbon props (& V2 controller). They feel so much more solid than the normal props, & really don't flex at all. Even tapping them they sound almost ceramic. Hopefully i'll be able to get out with them tomorrow (hang-over permitting)

Have a set of tiger motor props. Can't get them to balance. Dropped gain twice with no help. Camera & gamble just shakes. I do not know if I just have a bad set.

davisual said:
Flew them only once... went right back to stock props
were they DJI props?

Larry L said:
Have a set of tiger motor props. Can't get them to balance. Dropped gain twice with no help. Camera & gamble just shakes. I do not know if I just have a bad set.
i'm yet to get a prop balancer so i'll see what there like straight from the box

dirkclod said:
:lol: Maybe no hangover bro and with CF props do be careful so ya want look like one of our other members ;)
oh thats not nice, must say i've been bitten by the stock props (very novice flier back then) so will defo be taking care with these

image_zps9f48acd0.jpeg

p fandango said:
got a nice parcel this afternoon containing my DJI 9443 carbon props (& V2 controller). They feel so much more solid than the normal props, & really don't flex at all. Even tapping them they sound almost ceramic. Hopefully i'll be able to get out with them tomorrow (hang-over permitting)

Why do you think flex is detrimental to performance?

What issues are you having with stock props?

What gains to you anticipate from the carbon knock offs?

hemorrhagic flyer said:
if a prop changes shape/pitch (which it will with flex), then it won't be working to the spec it was designed too all the time

What issues are you having with stock props?
none at all, but trail & error & evolution might find an even better prop

What gains to you anticipate from the carbon knock offs?
genuine DJI i'm afraid ;). & who knows what difference they'll make till you try them

Be aware! I fully understand that people fly using carbon with no problems, on the other hand when I used them on my craft it flew off at a very erratic speed on its side, totally out of control and smashed to the ground causing me hundreds of pounds worth of damage. My flying pal says my phantom thinks its an aeroplane.... we laugh about it now.

I was told by the repair centre he thought the third party carbon props confuses the controller. Please do some research and don't buy the unbalanced crap I did. DJI only for me.

Good luck.......just speaking from a bad experience

Best of luck

Ash said:
Be aware! I fully understand that people fly using carbon with no problems, on the other hand when I used them on my craft it flew off at a very erratic speed on its side, totally out of control and smashed to the ground causing me hundreds of pounds worth of damage. My flying pal says my phantom thinks its an aeroplane.... we laugh about it now.

I was told by the repair centre he thought the third party carbon props confuses the controller. Please do some research and don't buy the unbalanced crap I did. DJI only for me.

Good luck.......just speaking from a bad experience

Best of luck
thanks for the advice & warning, these are DJI (direct from DJI supplier, & in a DJI packet) so should be compatible. They are the same as the 9443's, just made of a different material

dirkclod said:
p fandango I am sure they will show a difference ,I was just reminding you of what can happen without a hangover ;) '
Be safe and have a Happy New Year bro ;)
no worries mate, i've put too much money into it to risk anything stupid like flying if i'm not upto it. Hope you have a good New Year yourself :)

p fandango said:
hemorrhagic flyer said:
if a prop changes shape/pitch (which it will with flex), then it won't be working to the spec it was designed too all the time

What you fail to understand is that rotors are designed to flex.

hemorrhagic flyer said:
for the sake of £30 i'm quite happy to try & see how they work, if they are crap then they'll get put away as spares

p fandango said:
hemorrhagic flyer said:
for the sake of £30 i'm quite happy to try & see how they work, if they are crap then they'll get put away as spares

Let us know what you find out!

Buckaye said:
Let us know what you find out!
will do. I've now got 9443's, carbon 9443's & 9450's so hoping to try them all out in a good session soon

propellers that flex are good, they absorb shock and absorb turbulance better. If the propellers dont flex than this may cause the phantom to have more vibrations that will cause your videos to have more vibrations.

p fandango said:
Larry L said:
i'm yet to get a prop balancer so i'll see what there like straight from the box
With the TM props, they are supposed to be balanced from the factory.

I tried some CF props on a PH1 and it descended with much prop wash causing it to crash.

flex isn't always a bad thing, and in some case necessary, a big difference the carbon props will make is to the cost of repairs

due to high winds i only got 5 minutes in the air, but intial thoughts are the Phantom does seem alot more responsive & "shoot off" quicker, i doubt that is due to the V2 controller. Hopefully be able to get some back-to-back comparisons with the different props soon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj