Looking for so info please

Reaction score
Hi ive just setup the phantom into naza mode as i feel in confortable in flying quad due to previous experiance ,on my cheerson cx 20 i use to arm in gps mode as you needed a hdop of less than 2 meaning soild gps lock then switch to manual mode to take off then to a gps mode .Regaurding these modes on the naza on my understanding are you take off in gps lock then you have atti which was altititude hold on the cx20 then return to home on lower switch setting .
s2 is orientation mode or simple mode and HOME LOCK
that the one im not sure on ,is it basically if you pull back on the remote the quad will head back the the handset no matter what orientation it pointing .
last thing sorry about this if i was in say gps mode and acidentilly knock s2 down would the craft go into simple mode or does s1 have to be in a certain position to ativate it .

Hard tail, welcome!
First off since you are try to figure the best way to fly and are seeking help this is the best I can offer you.
Read the manual two or three times. Check out you tube videos by searching on Phantom home lock, course lock and Failsafe..
I would recommend always flying in GPS mode until you are well versed in all functions of your craft. Take off and fly in GPS mode and even land in GPS mode. Learn the functions of the S1 and s2 switches. They can be you friend and help to get good video or still shots by helping you fly your craft with the camera facing different ways than you are traveling and so forth.
Home lock is like a piece of pie with you in the middle. No difference in where the craft is on the outer edge putting in home lock and pulling back on the reverse stick brings it back to the middle. However, you need to learn and understand when using H/l when the quad get within close proximity of you it auto switches to course lock. Whatch the videos and you'll understand. Failsafe is also one of the best features and can really be your friend. When you lose sight odd your quad or loose signal if you have set it up correctly from take off. It will always know where home is and come back to you within a few meters of where it took off. That's when you can flip the S1 switch from GPS to atti then back to GPS to regain control fron the automatic Failsafe. Read the manual and look at the videos to learn the right way. Flying by the seat of you pants and crashing and burning is not the best way. I can be costly. Getnedicuated in all your crafts functions and you will be a much better and happier pilot. Good luck!

Yes cheers for that ,my current experience is 3 years with the cheerson cx20 ,and qx350 plus various toys quads the modes look simular just named difference to the cheerson .with the cheerson I had to have s1 switch in the middle to enable the s2 to work is this the case on the phantom as can't find it in the manual ,wish I could get it up in the sky but is heavly raining

Keep in mind that the S1 top position is GPS mode. Any situation that requires the quad to know where home point is and where the quad itself is in relation to that home point requires that it be in GPS mode with good satellites connection. And you need to make sure home point has been set.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.