Looking for recommendations 107 test study material

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations from anyone for best study material, books, web sites etc., without paying several hundred for the study course. Appreciate any help. Thank you

You can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study materials here.

Reactions: rlphoto69
Here are some of the materials I used:

How to pass 107

BUY THIS BOOK! (Most helpful thing!)
Rod machado's Private Pilot handbook
Read chapter 2, chapter 6, chapter 7, chapter 9 very important, chapter 10 chapter 12 weather comma chapter 13 Metar chapter 17 miscellaneous

FAR AIM 2017 (book)
READ PART 107 (a big fat book of rules, make sure to get the newest addition with 107.)

Download the Airman knowledge testing supplement for sport pilot, recreational pilot, and Private pilot PDF.
Download
Use this with www.DroneKnowledgeTestPrep.com
Get a membership it's only $35 for 6 mo.
(This site refers to the figures in the supplement)

Chart_users_guide_12thEd.pdf (how to read the chart)

Los_Angeles_99.pdf (VFR sectional chart) (find the chart for your area)

Part 107 Knowledge Test (41 Questions Answered & Explained) - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA
(good info here)

ALWAYS NOTIFY ALL HELIPORTS!
Airmap app. For flight planning find nearby heliports to notify (this app gives you the airspace info and heliport names and numbers)

Airnav.com/airports. For phone numbers not listed in airmap. Just search the heliport name in the /airport section.

1800wxbrief.com (file UOA here under UAV's, and get weather briefs) file UOA for all 107 flight, can do for hobby too.

Remember to keep some kind of log book.(not required but recommended)
I like mine on paper.

Looking for recommendations from anyone for best study material, books, web sites etc., without paying several hundred for the study course. Appreciate any help. Thank you
Google "FAA Airman's Information Manual". You can download it for free from the FAA. It will have much more information then you will need for the Part 107 so just skip the sections that do not pertain to you. It's an excellent pilot primer on flight, airspace, charts, rule/regs, weather, etc., and a fun fascinating read. Official FAA name for it is the "AIM"

Google "FAA Airman's Information Manual". You can download it for free from the FAA. It will have much more information then you will need for the Part 107 so just skip the sections that do not pertain to you. It's an excellent pilot primer on flight, airspace, charts, rule/regs, weather, etc., and a fun fascinating read. Official FAA name for it is the "AIM"
Thank you

Here are some of the materials I used:

How to pass 107

BUY THIS BOOK! (Most helpful thing!)
Rod machado's Private Pilot handbook
Read chapter 2, chapter 6, chapter 7, chapter 9 very important, chapter 10 chapter 12 weather comma chapter 13 Metar chapter 17 miscellaneous

FAR AIM 2017 (book)
READ PART 107 (a big fat book of rules, make sure to get the newest addition with 107.)

Download the Airman knowledge testing supplement for sport pilot, recreational pilot, and Private pilot PDF.
Download
Use this with www.DroneKnowledgeTestPrep.com
Get a membership it's only $35 for 6 mo.
(This site refers to the figures in the supplement)

Chart_users_guide_12thEd.pdf (how to read the chart)

Los_Angeles_99.pdf (VFR sectional chart) (find the chart for your area)

Part 107 Knowledge Test (41 Questions Answered & Explained) - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA
(good info here)

ALWAYS NOTIFY ALL HELIPORTS!
Airmap app. For flight planning find nearby heliports to notify (this app gives you the airspace info and heliport names and numbers)

Airnav.com/airports. For phone numbers not listed in airmap. Just search the heliport name in the /airport section.

1800wxbrief.com (file UOA here under UAV's, and get weather briefs) file UOA for all 107 flight, can do for hobby too.

Remember to keep some kind of log book.(not required but recommended)
I like mine on paper.
Thank you

I took test at an actual airport, however I've found the information on Drone U to be some of the best low cost information, they also just published a book on 107 too. I have not read the book yet but I read their other book and it was great.

I took test at an actual airport, however I've found the information on Drone U to be some of the best low cost information, they also just published a book on 107 too. I have not read the book yet but I read their other book and it was great.
Thank you. Sounds great!

This was the best thing I found for free. It is pretty much the only thing I studied before the test. Just watched it several times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik