Looking for P3P help via Skype

Reaction score
I inherited my P3P late last year from my step-dad who's passed away. I think I've messed it up with the new firmware. I was looking for someone who would be wiling to connect via Skype to help me get it functional.

I've tried many different steps. Posting in different places is frustrating because you always get thrown off into a different direction

Thanks in advance

Yes and now I'm unable to even check want firmware are on the drone and controller - the app just says unknown firmware version.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Should I try reverting back both to ver 1.3.20?

3adecbb0cd8d871d47cee84a365124a4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Should I try reverting back both to ver 1.3.20?
Which versions did you install and/or do you think you have installed? Please post the install log from your memory card.

Attached is the log file. Unsure why it has logs back from 2014 in it...?

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 316
FYI - doing the instructions that were given to me (I posted above) fixed everything perfectly and I'm up and running!

Reactions: CardiacKid
Do you mean following the instructions provided by "msinger" fixed everything? I don't see any instructions posted by you and I'm getting the same problem with no versions being listed in the app.

Do you mean following the instructions provided by "msinger" fixed everything? I don't see any instructions posted by you and I'm getting the same problem with no versions being listed in the app.
Sorry, I was all over the place at the time looking for a fix. Looking back at this post I see that it wasn't here.

Anyways! Go to the HOME page on the app, press the Academy button for 10 seconds (this is the button on the HOME screen of the app not the camera view, it looks like a graduation hat). A black page will appear, it will tell you the version of the RC and below it in red it should say what firmware version you have and an option to download a newer (or older) one. Get it and continue the updates through the app after doing it this way. Don't forget to always reset your controller after each upgrade.

Reset the controller? How do you do that? Just FYI. This is what I get from the graduation hat process.

b87c449bdf817c93bda4b848c7ee93b1.jpg

Yep, I got the same thing in the beginning. You're doing it correctly, the unfortunate thing is the servers can't handle much. I am located in Norway and I was trying to do it at 21:00 on a Saturday which was early afternoon in North America. I retried for an hour and couldn't get it to work. I tried the next morning at 08:00 which would be around 02:00 in North America and it worked the first time I tried.

To reset the controller all you do is power cycle it. So switch off/on after you do upgrades.

From the photo above, I've tried touching everything and nothing offers for me to download any version of firmware. How did you get a list of firmware to download from this screen?

It will be obvious once it actually works. It'll also list your firmware version.

It's mid afternoon in North America so my guess is the timing isn't good to try. You should try early in the morning.

You have to exit and reload the black screen. There is no way to refresh/reload without going back the pig and holding the button for 10s

Last edited:
I did the graduate cap method about 15-20 times this afternoon and always got this:
e70e643197267e08f8753f1eb5a5beac.jpg

Current version from "unknown" to "1.4.30". After that, I turned on the AC, started the camera view on the app and it prompted me to update my firmware for the controller. 15 minutes later, my bird flew for the first time.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

This forum is much more helpful than DJI support.

Reactions: J.Alex

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4