Looking for older Phantom prices (from back in the day)

Reaction score
I'm doing a "drone" presentation at our state broadcaster's meeting in April. As part of the presentation, I want to have a visual showing each Phantom sold (1-4) with corresponding list prices. I have what I need for the P3 series and the P4, but for the life of me I can't remember what the P1 and P2 series went for. Anyone remember or can direct me to where I can find that information?

Thanks!

Fred in OKC

I'm doing a "drone" presentation at our state broadcaster's meeting in April. As part of the presentation, I want to have a visual showing each Phantom sold (1-4) with corresponding list prices. I have what I need for the P3 series and the P4, but for the life of me I can't remember what the P1 and P2 series went for. Anyone remember or can direct me to where I can find that information?

Had some extra time on my hands this morning Fred and did a little research using wiki and old Phantom reviews - hope this helps. Prices are at the bottom of the chart.

upload_2016-3-21_10-29-57.png

How far you want to go . My P1 I paid around $1000 (2013) few months later price was cut in half . (2014) P2/Zenmuse I paid $899 .
The P1 was just the bird:(

but for the life of me I can't remember what the P1 and P2 series went for

Frank --- I think since reading what 750r posted......... the P1 was $679.00 for just the "bird" (as shown on the chart) + $300.00 for the RC?

radioguy, you can find DJI's prices for previous points in time here.

To everyone that's chimed in..thanks again for all the help. I continue to be amazed (sometimes "shocked" would be a better word) at how much the tech is changing, how prices are dropping from one model year to the next. Lesson learned? If you want a P3P at a really good price, just wait about a year until the next model comes out, and the deals get very good, indeed.

I have been into rc planes since the early 90s. In the fall of 2013 I was flying the cheaper brushed motor quads . At that time and new to me was the Phantom 1. It was selling for $679 @ most places. In about April of 2014 the price finally went down to $479 @BH photo I guess due to the P2s etc. I bought one.....the P1 ver. 1.1.1...In about Jan of 2015 BH had a price of $379. So I bought another. About July of 2015, I saw it at $299. Bought another one. I figured they would discontinue this model so I stocked up to at least have parts to have something flying. Well, all three are flying well. Had a couple of bumps here and there. Never have replaced a stock prop yet. A while back I did buy some 9450 props for one that has gimbal and camera with 4000 ma battery. Had a mishap in my drive in the gravel and chipped a couple of props. Already replaced. The P1 is a good bird. Since I have three....I can have them set up in different ways. That's my story. I will say this....going from my brushed quads to a Phantom 1 was like a breath of needed air.

I have been into rc planes since the early 90s. In the fall of 2013 I was flying the cheaper brushed motor quads . At that time and new to me was the Phantom 1. It was selling for $679 @ most places. In about April of 2014 the price finally went down to $479 @BH photo I guess due to the P2s etc. I bought one.....the P1 ver. 1.1.1...In about Jan of 2015 BH had a price of $379. So I bought another. About July of 2015, I saw it at $299. Bought another one. I figured they would discontinue this model so I stocked up to at least have parts to have something flying. Well, all three are flying well. Had a couple of bumps here and there. Never have replaced a stock prop yet. A while back I did buy some 9450 props for one that has gimbal and camera with 4000 ma battery. Had a mishap in my drive in the gravel and chipped a couple of props. Already replaced. The P1 is a good bird. Since I have three....I can have them set up in different ways. That's my story. I will say this....going from my brushed quads to a Phantom 1 was like a breath of needed air.
Thanks for the feedback. When I built out my F550 in 2014, I went DJI all the way, and decided to buy a surplus P1 receiver, which bonded perfectly to my P1 radio, and fit into the Naza like a glove. No complicated setup, it just worked. They do build good stuff (and I hear their customer support is improving).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers